Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,958

1 members and 2,957 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
  • 02-24-2019, 11:11 AM
    richardhind1972
    Re: 2018 Male Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname Red Tailed Boa Constrictor Progression
    I think people think there these 12ft plus aggressive monsters, but there's a boa to suite most people out there in so many sizes and paint jobs and not really fussy eaters like most people's pythons

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
  • 02-24-2019, 11:20 AM
    Dianne
    Re: 2018 Male Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname Red Tailed Boa Constrictor Progression
    Always love seeing this progression thread....he’s such a beautiful boy. And that tail!
  • 02-24-2019, 01:03 PM
    dakski
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    They’re great! Not sure why it took me over 20yrs to join the boa club... lesson learned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took me 20 years as well.

I have two now and couldn’t be happier with them. Love Boas.
  • 02-24-2019, 01:14 PM
    dakski
    Quote:

Originally Posted by richardhind1972 View Post
    I think people think there these 12ft plus aggressive monsters, but there's a boa to suite most people out there in so many sizes and paint jobs and not really fussy eaters like most people's pythons

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

I totally agree, Rich.

I thought they got much bigger than Behira, a female BCI, will be. I also did not fully understand that how you feed is very relevant to how big they get.

I also found Feliz, who is a dwarf BCC, and he's awesome and will stay small.

Now that I've educated myself, I couldn't be happier with two Boas in the collection!
  • 03-03-2019, 10:48 AM
    bns
    Beautiful boa!
    I was lucky enough to acquire a pair from Mr. Rentfro.
    Yours looks very similar to my female.
  • 03-03-2019, 07:23 PM
    Gio
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bns View Post
    Beautiful boa!

BNS is a friend of mine and IMO, very well versed in the care of boas. A lot of my knowledge comes from the discussions I've had with him in the past.

Not only does he own two beautiful Pokis, he has two BCO and one of them is probably the nicest I've laid eyes on.

Locality animals are very special!
  • 03-03-2019, 10:12 PM
    jmcrook
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    BNS is a friend of mine and IMO, very well versed in the care of boas. A lot of my knowledge comes from the discussions I've had with him in the past.

Not only does he own two beautiful Pokis, he has two BCO and one of them is probably the nicest I've laid eyes on.

Locality animals are very special!

Is this your buddy that had a poki litter recently? I know you and your wife have an agreement to no more critters but a friend having a pure locale litter so close by would have me negotiating like you wouldn’t believe!
    Must agree, locality snakes are held in high regard in my plans as a keeper. Really want an Angolan python or GTP next.

• 03-03-2019, 10:13 PM
    jmcrook
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bns View Post
    Beautiful boa!

Thank you! They are such beautiful boas. He blows me away every time I have him out. Nature did a knock out job with this locale

• 03-03-2019, 10:52 PM
    Reinz
    Truly a great specimen JM. So glad you are enjoying the Boa experience, one of the best all around species.
  • 03-03-2019, 11:01 PM
    jmcrook
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinz View Post
    Truly a great specimen JM. So glad you are enjoying the Boa experience, one of the best all around species.

Thanks Reinz! Yeah, boas are really doing it for me right now