Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,165

1 members and 3,164 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

hi, im john

Printable View

• 12-06-2018, 09:32 AM
    john gillespie
    hi, im john
    Hello everyone. My name is John. im new to ball pythons, learning more everyday. Working on keeping them healthy and happy, then on to breeding as i learn about genetics and all. Im not gonna be some big time breeder, just want to experience it, learn about the morphs and genetics and see how different combos produce different phenotypes, and create snakes that i like personally. anyway, onto my personal policy, Im 39 years old. Im a man, not a child. Ive noticed on forums that people love to fight, argue, hijack threads, get off topic and make things personal. I dont do that. I already have an idea of who to avoid here, and who is actually worth my time. I wont name call, I wont discuss politics or religion in open forum. Im a christian conservative and I ask you all to respect that, as you will receive the utmost respect from me. im not here to be a tough guy. Im not here to be disrespected or talked down to by philosophers, amateur snake professionals, or kids on the computer at their moms house. if its not about the animals, then move on. im really a nice guy if you give me a chance lol. thanks for having me, thanks to the admins for the site, and read this carefully before engaging me, Im sure ive made myself clear. thank you all for reading this, and having me on. ask any and all questions. Get to know me. Im here to be part of this community. thank you.
  • 12-06-2018, 09:42 AM
    Craiga 01453
    Welcome!! Happy to have you join us!
  • 12-06-2018, 09:48 AM
    Skyrivers
    Re: hi, im john
    So this one time at band camp we talked about religion and politics and then this guy named John walked up and just (pun intended) whipped out his snake and started talking about it...…

Sorry could not resist. Welcome.
  • 12-06-2018, 10:29 AM
    MR Snakes
    Quote:

Originally Posted by john gillespie View Post
    Hello everyone. My name is John. im new to ball pythons, learning more everyday. Working on keeping them healthy and happy, then on to breeding as i learn about genetics and all. Im not gonna be some big time breeder, just want to experience it, learn about the morphs and genetics and see how different combos produce different phenotypes, and create snakes that i like personally. anyway, onto my personal policy, Im 39 years old. Im a man, not a child. Ive noticed on forums that people love to fight, argue, hijack threads, get off topic and make things personal. I dont do that. I already have an idea of who to avoid here, and who is actually worth my time. I wont name call, I wont discuss politics or religion in open forum. Im a christian conservative and I ask you all to respect that, as you will receive the utmost respect from me. im not here to be a tough guy. Im not here to be disrespected or talked down to by philosophers, amateur snake professionals, or kids on the computer at their moms house. if its not about the animals, then move on. im really a nice guy if you give me a chance lol. thanks for having me, thanks to the admins for the site, and read this carefully before engaging me, Im sure ive made myself clear. thank you all for reading this, and having me on. ask any and all questions. Get to know me. Im here to be part of this community. thank you.

Wow. Better lighten up....Francis. Welcome
  • 12-06-2018, 10:54 AM
    Lord Sorril
    Quote:

Im a man, not a child...im not here to be a tough guy...Im not here to be disrespected or talked down to by philosophers, amateur snake professionals, or kids on the computer at their moms house.

Welcome: I got a good laugh from your intro.
  • 12-06-2018, 11:15 AM
    JRLongton
    Quote:

Ive noticed on forums that people love to fight, argue, hijack threads, get off topic and make things personal. I dont do that.

I think you've come to the right place.

I'm also a veteran of many a senseless flame war on internet forums. It's incredible that even on a snake/reptile forum there are the same petty egos at work. I tried a few and was really surprised to see the one-ups-manship, condescending nonsense, and just general nastiness, on a snake forum none-the-less!

This place is a rare gem where people treat each other with dignity and respect. Back in November when we had the mid-terms election, I don't think I saw a single thread on this site about politics. Quite the achievement in 2018!
  • 12-06-2018, 02:26 PM
    john gillespie
    thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Im glad yall can see my humor. Im happy to be here!!
  • 12-06-2018, 03:44 PM
    Zincubus
    Welcome !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • 12-06-2018, 03:57 PM
    RickyNY
    Welcome reverend :)
  • 12-16-2018, 09:29 PM
    dr del
    :welcome: to the site. :) :colbert2:

While we do have places for more er... "triggering" posts ( the quarantine sub forum ) we are always happy to engage in family friendly reptile chat so I hope you will enjoy the forum. :)

If you need help working out any of the features or are unsure of anything just sing out and we will try and help.

del