Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,520

1 members and 3,519 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
  • 04-24-2020, 01:04 AM
    Solidsnek
    Re: Upgrading my boa cage, help me choose!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    T18 is 5’.
    60”=5’
    72”=6’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oof. That’s ok, I can message them and get see if I can swap for the 6, or just keep the 5 whenever it shows up as we have a few animals lol
    I should be more observant of what im purchasing, however in my defense it’s been... weird, latley.
  • 04-24-2020, 01:07 AM
    jmcrook
    You can surely have it changed. No way it’s shipping in less than 4-5 months at best anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 04-24-2020, 01:10 AM
    Solidsnek
    Upgrading my boa cage, help me choose!
    Yeah I know. I’ll take a closer look and and get one of the 6ft options. I figured get the t8 for now so I can have something to look at and decide if I’m going to get 4 or so more t8’s or not. Have 2 leopard geckos that I could split a t8 and that would be awesome, plus it all stacks. I’ve only used fish tanks and the exo front opening, and a tub rack like 6 years ago that’s long gone. Does it come with a sealant or should I buy some? Have seen a few set up videos online but they all leave out a few steps each lol
    Ninja edit
    I also have heat mats and t stats, but have ordered flexiwat setups and am eyeing the spyder multi units (why can’t redline come in a larger probe count!)

I’ve noticed these pvc sites are all pushing rhp’s but I’m not sure if I know enough to go they route with them. I’ve always used the tape
  • 09-21-2020, 01:24 PM
    skaukatt
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    Boas tend to do fine in bigger tanks even if they are smaller, provided they have enough hides, etc. I moved my 1 year and 3 month old male BI into a 6X2' and he's doing great and growing and gobbling down food, and is still a totally chill animal.

I have all Boaphile tanks and love them. I cannot comment on current lead times, but if you call Jeff Ronne, I am sure he can give you an accurate window.

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...t=reptile+area

I have nothing negative to say about AP's, but the lead time turned me off. I also liked how Jeff uses the tanks himself and was able to configure each tank to each individual reptiles needs.

I received my 6'x2'x17.5" 6322D Boaphile first week of Sept., I ordered it in mid-June so, 2-1/2 months lead time. I'm keeping my yearling suriname female in it. Love the enclosure, light as a feather, and I like the fact that Jeff installed everything I needed. I'm not handy so I didn't trust myself installing UTH, RHP, lighting. I was considering AP because of price but for me, I needed something ready to go out of the box. More expensive, definitely, but for me well worth it.