Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,167

1 members and 3,166 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

Couple old-worlders

Printable View

• 10-10-2004, 07:40 PM
    Smulkin
    So sick and all I couldnt help but drag my butt up to the Pitt Reptile Show. No lavendar corns for Smynx despite the inquiries - but I did stumble across another Sudanese Plated Lizard (first I have seen since we got our son his almost a year ago) for $18. Swooped that up.

Then I spied spiders, (scorps and 'pedes too yes) and had to have a closer look. For about $12 each (enlclosure understandably included hehe) I picked up a couple:

http://www.madwag.com/exos/starbursts.jpg

"Starburst Baboon"

http://www.madwag.com/exos/newasians.jpg

sold as "Asian Chevron" - still researching ID on this one.

Both fast and "don't fuss with me" critters - hands off. I swear when I was moving the "Asian" it shrieked - either that or I am sick enough the auditory hallucinations are kicking in.
  • 10-10-2004, 08:14 PM
    led4urhead
    man o man .. how many of those creepy crawleys do you have now :shock: ;). They look good anyway. Should've let me know about the Pittsburgh show, i'dve wandered up with ya.
  • 10-10-2004, 08:28 PM
    Smulkin
    You know in my addled state I thought of that on the way back when I thought it occured to me how 70 cut over your way. Yes, I smacked my forehead for you - DOH!
  • 10-10-2004, 09:47 PM
    Schlyne
    It's my understanding that taratula's can "scream", or at least they "scream" when you kill them. I know I felt deaf after I killed one. (I no longer kill spiders, unless it's a brown recluse or a black widow in my home. I've paid for that, some years later my room was infested with wolf spiders and I got bit a lot.) I did not expect to find a large tarantula in my house in my dirty laundry. This was back when I lived in Oklahoma. If I could go back in time I would have tried to catch it and at least put it outside. I admit it was a beautiful spider though.
  • 10-11-2004, 09:03 AM
    Marla
    Tremendously creepy, but kinda cool. I hope you feel better. You really are allowed to skip a show and stay home on the couch, you know. ;)
  • 10-11-2004, 01:35 PM
    Smulkin
    Explain that avatar!
    BLASPHEMY MARLA!

(I've heard of them stridulating and "hissing" but this was more like a sound effect from an Aliens movie - coupled with the blur of skittering movement it was just . . . weird)
  • 10-11-2004, 02:19 PM
    green_man
    man, that just creeps me out... im strangley enthralled though...
    im actually considering.... lol
  • 10-11-2004, 02:47 PM
    led4urhead
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Smulkin
    BLASPHEMY MARLA!

x100000000000 ;):D
  • 10-11-2004, 03:08 PM
    mlededee
    spiders should not be able to scream or make any other shrieking noises! that's way too eerie. if mine ever does that i think i'll be severely traumatized.
  • 10-11-2004, 07:49 PM
    Marla
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Smulkin
    BLASPHEMY MARLA!

(I've heard of them stridulating and "hissing" but this was more like a sound effect from an Aliens movie - coupled with the blur of skittering movement it was just . . . weird)

#1 Who will take care of the critters when you're stuck in bed with fever? Poor Smynx? With all the boys to look after and you, too? :P

#2 If any spider starts making noise, I'm a) outta there and b) questioning whether somebody slipped me a Mickey.