Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,457

2 members and 3,455 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Hello!

Printable View

• 05-08-2021, 01:18 PM
    hihit
    Hello!
    I am new to both this site and to snakes (though I've been doing a ton of research on ball pythons, and I lurked on here as a guest for several days before joining). I have a big move coming up, so I don't want to bring any new animals into my life just yet, but once I'm settled into my new location, I don't think it will be possible to resist a cute lil ball python. I will probably come here a lot for advice, and to share my excitement when snake things happen!!!

:snake::snake::snake::snake:
  • 05-08-2021, 01:24 PM
    Bogertophis
    We're glad to have you join us- :welcome: And just a warning, if it's not already obvious...snakes can be addicting! :D

That's a good plan to wait until after you move & are settled before taking on a new pet. Your first snake, I assume?
  • 05-08-2021, 01:34 PM
    KMG
    NY to FL! That will certainly be a change. Get rid of the mask tan lines before hitting the beach. Lol!
  • 05-08-2021, 02:55 PM
    hihit
    Re: Hello!
    Yes, it would be my first snake. I think I always kinda wanted one as a kid, but my father absolutely hates snakes (I was able to talk my parents into many kinds of pets but never snakes), and then in college the only pets allowed were fish (which is how I got into fishkeeping lol). Once I move though, I'll be able to have whatever animals I want (assuming I choose a pet-friendly apartment, which of course I will, because even if I don't get a snake I will definitely still want some kind of pet).
  • 05-08-2021, 02:57 PM
    hihit
    The reason I even became so interested in snakes recently is because of this move to Florida. I started off researching alligators, which led to me researching reptiles in general, which led to me falling down the ball python rabbit hole.
  • 05-08-2021, 03:44 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hihit View Post
    The reason I even became so interested in snakes recently is because of this move to Florida. I started off researching alligators, which led to me researching reptiles in general, which led to me falling down the ball python rabbit hole.

There's plenty of snakes that make good pets besides BPs, & a good number of them are native to FL. To be clear, I'm NOT suggesting you catch any wild snakes- please stick to captive bred- but just enjoy them if you see them. I'm a rat snake fan myself- take a look at Everglades, yellow, gulf hammock & grey rat snakes- also corn snake varieties. (I'm a "bad influence"-:D )
  • 05-09-2021, 04:49 PM
    Ascended
    Welcome to the rabbit hole.
    I am new here too. Hope you enjoy and have fun as I have. :welcome: