Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,397

1 members and 3,396 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
  • 11-29-2020, 05:40 PM
    Rodop
    Re: 6x2x3 enclosure build progression
    Your dedication to your snakes is admirable! :D
    Also, thank you! I've been researching bioactive setups for the majority of this year (and slowly buying the stuff to make it) and when I saw you list halogens it made me curious, so I dove deeper into research- my mind is blown. :O (I looked into them vs deep heat projectors vs rhp and the difference in heat: didn't even know that the halogens produced more heat along with beneficial amounts of IR-A and IR-B).
  • 12-20-2020, 04:17 AM
    Starscream
    Agreed, diving into lighting setups is pretty much a whole other world haha. I like to refer to the pie chart below to really illustrate why it's beneficial to use halogens as the heat source -- still, if you look at the circle for sunlight, you can see it's missing some essential pieces, which can be picked up by additional bulbs. Species-appropriate UVB bulbs for the UV portion, and I suppliment the visible light with an LED shop light.

The goal seems to be to get as close to sunlight as humanly possible without using actual sunlight, because the weather outside doesn't always favor the species we keep. And it seems to be working in this setup. Maze does move between hides during lights-on (or if she thinks I will feed her, the opportunist) if she wants to, so the lights aren't really deterring her any.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...3c40e2520c.jpg
  • 12-28-2020, 04:14 PM
    DAZ944
    Looks awesome 👍🏻
  • 08-19-2021, 11:08 AM
    Starscream
    Mini update. Added more branches so falls are hopefully less likely to happen.
    https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...729_182807.jpg
  • 08-19-2021, 05:58 PM
    Bogertophis
    Can I be your snake & move in there? That's a very inviting set-up. :gj: "Eye candy" too!
  • 08-19-2021, 06:03 PM
    Starscream
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Can I be your snake & move in there? That's a very inviting set-up. :gj: "Eye candy" too!

Haha, thank you! It'd probably look nicer if I'd actually built an entire background, but that's more effort that I want to put into this enclosure right now. Maybe I'll get tired of looking at the white walls at some point and do something about it, but for now I'm done.
  • 08-19-2021, 06:45 PM
    Bogertophis
    I think it looks good as is- & would also look good with a full background too- either way.
  • 08-20-2021, 11:47 AM
    Erie_herps
    It looks great. I think we need pictures of what's going in there. :D
  • 08-22-2021, 10:57 PM
    Starscream
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Erie_herps View Post
    It looks great. I think we need pictures of what's going in there. :D

Are you talking about heating, the plants, or something else? I'd be happy to, but not sure what you have in mind. :)
  • 09-06-2021, 09:18 AM
    Homebody
    Way to keep the bar high! Your enclosure makes mine look like a piece of crap. Guess I've got work to do.