Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,390

1 members and 3,389 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

lllreptiles sucks

Printable View

• 07-01-2007, 12:31 AM
    sg1trogdor
    lllreptiles sucks
    I bought a Red Tail today at an expo and examined it and did not see snything but it has mites all over it. Whats something good to try to get rid of them i have that mite off stuff and doesnt seem to be workin.
  • 07-01-2007, 12:42 AM
    qiksilver
    Re: lllreptiles sucks
    mites don't disappear in 5 minutes, it takes time
  • 07-01-2007, 01:03 AM
    Krazy99CL
    Quote:

Originally Posted by qiksilver
    mites don't disappear in 5 minutes, it takes time

yeah.....i think its a 2 or 3 month treatment on newspaper substrate.
  • 07-01-2007, 01:10 AM
    whyteboi
    i always pictured lllreptiles as a internet site, but i'm assuming they sold it to you at the expo?
  • 07-01-2007, 01:18 AM
    Squishy Burrito
    Mite off sucks i would get a can of Provent-a-mite from entirlypets.com, Use as directed and you will not have any more mite problems
  • 07-01-2007, 01:29 AM
    sweety314
    Be sure to quarantine!

If you have other reptiles, you'll probably want to treat their cages/tanks/tubs, too.

It's been suggested to spray a line on the floor at the bottom of the rack and the door jamb of the room to stop them from traveling to other reptile pets in other areas.

They're nasty, bloodsuckers and a real PITA when you have them, :mad: :mad: but using the Provent A Mite (as INSTRUCTED) will work.

Putting your infected snakes on paper towels will help A LOT! Makes the buggers easier to see, dispose of when dead, and prevents as much of a hiding place for them and the eggs.

Good luck
  • 07-01-2007, 02:24 AM
    The_Godfather
    I'd write them, that's unnaceptable.
  • 07-01-2007, 03:01 AM
    8b8ll
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sg1trogdor
    I bought a Red Tail today at an expo and examined it and did not see snything but it has mites all over it. Whats something good to try to get rid of them i have that mite off stuff and doesnt seem to be workin.

You said you examined it? I guess I just don't understand how you didn't see the mites all over it.

In any event good luck with getting rid of the mites. Like the others said PAM is your best bet. For now an enclosure that is very simple and very easy to clean/disenfect is your best bet.

Good luck! And :sabduel: the mites.

Mike
  • 07-01-2007, 02:25 PM
    sg1trogdor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 8b8ll
    You said you examined it? I guess I just don't understand how you didn't see the mites all over it.

In any event good luck with getting rid of the mites. Like the others said PAM is your best bet. For now an enclosure that is very simple and very easy to clean/disenfect is your best bet.

Mike

I did examine and Did not see anything very difficult with a snake that has small black pigments on her skin (about the size of mites.) I only saw them when i was handling and one was on my hand (gross)
  • 07-01-2007, 02:44 PM
    qiksilver
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 8b8ll

Mike

i agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Godfather
    I'd write them, that's unnaceptable.

But I disagree here. Since you physically picked it out and looked at it before buying, what the hell are you going to say? Well gee I wasn't very perceptive and didn't realize there are mites. Writing them would be a good idea if it was shipped sight unseen. But honestly, what would be said now?

well, good luck with your problem. hope you kept it away from the rest of the collection.