Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,419

2 members and 3,417 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
  • 04-03-2020, 06:13 PM
    wnateg
    So I checked the undersides and face of both the scrub and retic, as they are housed in the same stack. And I did not see anything.

The specs I saw in the water bowl are just so small, combined with the fact I havent changed anything for awhile and nothing noticeable on the snakes, I'm not convinced they're mites. Maybe little bugs that were in the wood?

I'm not sure I want to do anything drastic without further evidence, so I will keep monitoring.
  • 04-04-2020, 10:43 PM
    wnateg
    Still wont eat. Last ate 2/22. I even offered up a quail tonight.

Very suspicious considering the "bugs" that I may have found.

But tonight, I risked a bite to the face after she wouldn't eat and got up real close to double check, and I did not see mites anywhere on her upper half.

I could restrain her to be more thorough, but I'm pretty confident of what I was looking at.
  • 04-04-2020, 11:08 PM
    wnateg
    In fact, maybe I will restrain her tomorrow and check. I'd rather be thorough now and rule out that issue sooner rather than later.
  • 04-05-2020, 02:27 PM
    wnateg
    Despite being totally insane, she's clean.

https://i.imgur.com/5lSzGYh.jpg
  • 04-05-2020, 03:54 PM
    EL-Ziggy
    Re: New Scrub - Very Frightened / Nervous
    She looks fierce!
  • 04-05-2020, 06:10 PM
    Reinz
    That’s a great pic!
  • 05-17-2020, 12:14 PM
    wnateg
    Ate a quail yesterday. First time eating since 2/22.

Still just putting it in the enclosure over night. Luckily she doesn't mind cold food.
  • 05-17-2020, 01:11 PM
    Bogertophis
    Re: New Scrub - Very Frightened / Nervous
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wnateg View Post
    ...But tonight, I risked a bite to the face after she wouldn't eat and got up real close to double check, and I did not see mites anywhere on her upper half...

If I were you, I'd invest a few bucks in one of these: about $10 on Ebay, many sources now selling them for COVID.
    https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...-pw/s-l200.jpg
  • 07-17-2020, 11:10 AM
    wnateg
  • 12-07-2020, 01:28 AM
    wnateg
    Wow! Wild experience tonight that I thought would never happen. I was watching a movie in the living room. Next to the tv is the hallway with a bathroom and the two doors to the reptile rooms. Anna (my cat) walked into the hallway and started acting really funny. Sniffing around, jumping up, like she found something. I pause the movie and walk into the hallway.

BAM! My scrub was sliding through the hallway!! I grabbed Anna and rushed to lock her up in my bedroom.

This girl was stretched out all the way from the snake room door past the hallway bathroom toilet. I haven’t seen the scrub stretched out in a year at least, but I measured that distance afterwards and it was over 9 ft!

anyway, I opened up the snake room door and I had left the enclosure cracked about 2 in, because I was spraying down the enclosure and when I closed it, it jammed on something, so I thought it was closed.

So I grabbed her by the tail and used the snake hook to guide her back to the enclosure.

A wild situation that could’ve been a lot worse. Thankfully Anna wasn’t hurt (or eaten), and though, I’d like to think I’ll never make another mistake again, I’ll just prepare better for next time. I’ll be securing the bottom of the reptile room door, so no snakes can get out, if I do make that mistake again.