Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,206

0 members and 3,206 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 03-10-2020, 08:27 AM
    Skyrivers
    What an excieting year. Breeding projects first time.
    We wanted to start small so we went with corn snakes and Nicaraguan Boas (BCI).

Project 1

We paired a normal female with an albino male. The same albino male with an albino female. Before pairing we made sure there was a market for the babies and did the prep work to make sure the incubators worked and regulated properly. There are 3 pet stores in the area that will be fighting over who gets the babies.

Project 2

I have a female Nicaraguan Boa normal (super dark) who is 9 years old. She is 10 and only 6 feet. We paired her with a hypo Nicaraguan Boa who is 4 and only 4 feet. The same 3 pet stores are wanting any babies that they might produce.

For a first time breeding should be a great learning experience for us as we learn and grow. I also picked up a 12 Ft Tiger retic male that is 12 years old. He is a little feisty but did not pair him this year because we are not ready for that as a first project. Rainbow still has another year or 2 before she will be ready and not sure that is the right path for us. I do have a market for the babies just placing the project in the "Not sure" file and want to see how the little guys go this year. I have an exotic vet local and on speed dial if needed. She is aware of our projects and we are excited to see what hatches/births out or not this year. Will update as things progress in a month or so.
  • 03-10-2020, 09:11 AM
    richardhind1972
    Re: What an excieting year. Breeding projects first time.
    Good luck with the Nicaraguan boa project, luck forward to watching the progression on this pairing
    Cheers Rich

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  • 03-10-2020, 10:27 AM
    EL-Ziggy
    Best wishes with your breeding projects Sky!!
  • 03-10-2020, 12:19 PM
    Skyrivers
    Quote:

Originally Posted by richardhind1972 View Post
    Good luck with the Nicaraguan boa project, luck forward to watching the progression on this pairing
    Cheers Rich

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Same here. Love them. Should make some beautiful babies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    Best wishes with your breeding projects Sky!!

Thanks