Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,412

3 members and 3,409 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

What should i get?

Printable View

• 09-17-2006, 08:26 PM
    Hoffnasty
    What should i get?
    a baby beardie? or a baby leopard gecko?

im looking for the one that is easiest to take care of

and the one that is the least expensive to own

and im also looking for the one that is most docile

help?
  • 09-17-2006, 08:27 PM
    Shelby
    Re: What should i get?
    A leopard gecko is MUCH cheaper to feed than a beardie.. easier care too I think. Both are quite docile usually.
  • 09-17-2006, 09:31 PM
    Rhapsody
    Forget a leo, get a crested gecko :P They're easy to care for and MUCH cooler than leos......*addicted to crested geckos*

lol I'd go with a leo out of those two choices
  • 09-17-2006, 09:34 PM
    Hoffnasty
    i like crested geckos there cool looking

whats tere temperment like?

are they expensive

also do any1 no anything about african fat tailed geckos? they seem cool as well
  • 09-17-2006, 09:36 PM
    Nate
    cresteds are great....morphs can be in the hundreds...normals aren't too bad.

http://www.crestedgecko.com
  • 09-17-2006, 09:39 PM
    Shelby
    Cresties are cool too! Being able to be kept at room temps simplifies things for sure.
  • 09-17-2006, 09:48 PM
    mr~python
    Hoff, i suggest doing a google search for the animals you're thinking about. read up on them, get to know their general information and ask particular questions that you might have once you have a general understanding of the animal. know what i mean?:) ;)
  • 09-17-2006, 09:54 PM
    Hoffnasty
    yea thanks... i really should have done that in the first place but i hear so many differnt things from so many differnt ppl about animals i dont no what to think or get...
  • 09-17-2006, 09:58 PM
    mr~python
    yeah, i usually like to look at a bunch of different sources also. no need to apologize.

out of the bearded dragon and the leopard gecko, what you're describing you want is definitely a leopard gecko. aft's are a lot like leopards and cresteds are probably the easiest.
  • 09-17-2006, 09:59 PM
    Rhapsody
    I'm just going to jump right in with the crestie love lol.

Their temperments are great! They are a bit fast, and love to jump, but they arent mean little buggers, and have the cutest looking faces :D they're kept at room temp so that saves money on heat lamps. You can keep them on paper towels, though they do require a lot of humidity (around 60-75% at least). They eat Crested Gecko Diet (a powder), meal worms, and crickets. They're soft like velvet, and they're aboreal, so they'd be much happier in a tank that is taller than it is wide. Throw in some branches wrapped in plastic vines and they're in heaven! :)

http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...934#post413934

There's a thread I made here with a bunch of my gecko babies pics in it :D