Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,547

0 members and 3,547 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 08-16-2017, 04:53 PM
    Aedryan Methyus
    Best Time Of Day To Handle Bloods & Short Tails For Best Temperament
    Surprisingly, I have never seen any information about when the best time of day is to handle any species of snake for best temperament (and other factors). So, I thought this would be an interesting learning experience. Personally, I handle all of my snakes at all different times of the day. Though, most of the time it ends up being between the hours of 5:00 PM and 11:00 PM. I can't say if I have ever noticed any difference in any of their temperaments, whether it is in the morning, afternoon, evening or night time. With Bloods and Short Tails being nocturnal, logic tells me that evening or night time would probably be best, I guess? Perhaps there would be more of a chance of startling or stressing them if they are awakened from their ssslumber? :O
  • 08-16-2017, 05:18 PM
    Goode05
    Re: Best Time Of Day To Handle Bloods & Short Tails For Best Temperament
    They seem the same to me no matter what time you handle them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 08-16-2017, 05:19 PM
    KMG
    Mine don't seem to care.
  • 08-26-2017, 05:52 PM
    chasiorias
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Aedryan Methyus View Post
    Surprisingly, I have never seen any information about when the best time of day is to handle any species of snake for best temperament (and other factors). So, I thought this would be an interesting learning experience. Personally, I handle all of my snakes at all different times of the day. Though, most of the time it ends up being between the hours of 5:00 PM and 11:00 PM. I can't say if I have ever noticed any difference in any of their temperaments, whether it is in the morning, afternoon, evening or night time. With Bloods and Short Tails being nocturnal, logic tells me that evening or night time would probably be best, I guess? Perhaps there would be more of a chance of startling or stressing them if they are awakened from their ssslumber? :O

My blood seems to not care for when I handle him/her (not sure of gender yet).
    What does seem to matter though, is how I do the handling.
    I usually pet his/her sides a few times before taking him/her out.
    I think I'm making my message clear to my blood, seeing that he/she doesn't get startled or angry like the first day I got him/her.

나의 SHV-E330K 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄
  • 08-26-2017, 06:16 PM
    Zincubus
    Not sure at all if they're nocturnal or even semi- nocturnal but either way I'd suggest mornings or maybe after noon as they maybe more docile ?!

Mine all come to life in the evenings so I handle / move in daylight if at all possible - my Royals can be held anytime 24/7 :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro