Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,381

1 members and 3,380 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

Bad shed? No problem.

Printable View

• 10-12-2012, 11:02 PM
    MariaLHodge
    Re: Bad shed? No problem.
    My snake has probably 15 or so scales randomly down it's body that didn't come off during his shed. Would the same process work for that or should I just let them come off....??? Great tutorial, thank you!
    :snake:
  • 10-22-2012, 04:46 PM
    Utrose
    Great job. That's almost exactly how I get the old shed off my snake.
  • 02-18-2013, 04:09 PM
    WhiteSoxPyro83
    Did you try a Q tip and some 100% pure vegetable oil? Extra moisturizes safely for a stubborn shed...especially eye caps. Just my two pennies on this enourmous thread.
  • 02-18-2013, 04:13 PM
    WhiteSoxPyro83
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SkYyame View Post
    i've seen this before but i havent thanked you yet christie, this is awesome!

how about a part 2 for eyecaps? http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/ima...es/birdman.gif

Vegetable oil and a Q tip. Extra moisturizes safely. :)
  • 02-18-2013, 04:14 PM
    WhiteSoxPyro83
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychD_Student View Post
    I have a cinny who is a biter. The problem is that she has shed stuck on her neck right by the head still after two soaks. Other than having to hold her by the neck right behind the head so she doesn't bite me---and cause her stress, are there any other options? I was thinking of letter her soak again tonight and see if it comes off that way. I really dont want to hold a slippery aggressive snake! :colbert:

Did you try a Q tip and some 100% pure vegetable oil? Extra moisturizes safely for a stubborn shed...especially eye caps. Just my two pennies on this enourmous thread. Sorry for a duplicat post...new here...this forum is kinda cumbersome to navigate...I'll learn! lol
  • 02-20-2013, 09:18 PM
    Artemille
    I used this today when my albino had some leftover skin on his head and a bit on the back. I let him soak for about half an hour while I cleaned his cage. I had to hold him close to the head with my husband holding his body to prevent death-rolls when peeling the face skin, but it came off in one chunk, eye caps and everything.

In other news, he got himself a shiny new humid hide today. ;)
  • 03-08-2013, 06:11 PM
    jrivera9289
    I need some help. I haven't had both my snakes very long. The week prior, my bigger bp shed in a matter of a week. My smaller bp about a week ago, I noticed my bp's eyes were cloudy. So like my other bp, I misted the tank and monitored the humidity levels closely, but he still hasn't shed. I tried this technique, but the skin about his neck only came off a little more. His head has completely shed earlier this week, eye caps and everything... So what can I do or am I doing something wrong? Help!!!
  • 03-22-2013, 01:53 AM
    Quinnster
    Thanka so much for the guide, I will be sure to use this guide if this ever happens to me. This is my first ball python and it hasn't gone through shed yet with me as an owner.:rolleyes:But let's see how his first shed with me goes!
  • 03-29-2013, 04:23 PM
    Archimedes
    Thank you for this, I'm starting to get worried with Magnus' most recent shed, same as above-- head is clear, rest of body is still in shed. I'll do this tomorrow morning for him, hopefully it'll come right off.
  • 11-24-2013, 02:11 PM
    Loz
    picked up my 1st Royal last week, and he was in shed by mid week....needless to say i was seeking suggestions to help his messy shed..... this advice was a godsend, he has now sloughed his old skin, and is looking bright and healthy.. many thanks! :gj: