Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,342

4 members and 3,338 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
  • 01-20-2021, 05:27 PM
    Montypython696
    Feeder Companies? (Who do you use?)
    Hello all, it has been a very long time since I've last posted and I hope everyone is well.

Does anyone have any feeder companies they recommend? I have been using Rodent Pro for the last 7 years and have had zero issues with them. But with the rise of Covid-19 I have noticed the rise in their prices.

From $25-$30 for a bag of 20 small rats to now $50 for a bag of 20, it is getting just too expensive. Luckily I placed an order last week (when a bag was $45) for 100 rats and that will last me months.

Anyone have any companies that are still reasonable?
  • 01-20-2021, 05:32 PM
    Craiga 01453
    I just got a MEGA deal from Rodent Pro around the holidays. First time I tried them, but the sales were too good to pass up, plus I had a 10% off coupon code. My freezer is loaded up for a while. $20 flat rate shipping/box too.

I've used Perfect Prey and Big Cheese in the past and have zero complaints. I just went with the best bang for my buck this time around.

I think it's honestly a matter of who has what you need in stock at certain times. Plus your geographic location when they're not offering flat rate shipping.
  • 01-20-2021, 05:33 PM
    Sonny1318
    My personal favorite is Big Cheese Rodent Factory, my second is Perfect Prey. Love Both their packaging, especially Big Cheese. Perfect Prey usually has theirs a bit more heavier on the individual weight size. Can’t go wrong with either, in my personal opinion? ✌️
  • 01-20-2021, 05:34 PM
    Gocntry
    Re: Feeder Companies? (Who do you use?)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonny1318 View Post
    My personal favorite is Big Cheese Rodent Factory, my second is Perfect Prey. Love Both their packaging, especially Big Cheese. Perfect Prey usually has theirs a bit more heavier on the individual weight size. Can’t go wrong with either, in my personal opinion? ✌️

I agree with these, I use both of them depends who has what in stock when I order

Being on the East Coast either one is 30.00 shipping for a box full of rats
  • 01-20-2021, 05:47 PM
    Montypython696
    I've been looking at big cheese rodents. They are cheaper than RodentPro, but I can never seem to find them with rats in stock.
  • 01-20-2021, 05:47 PM
    Toad37
    The only one I've never had a complaint with is "cold blooded cafe". I've tried other places and they're either out of what I need or have smaller rodents imo.
  • 01-20-2021, 08:14 PM
    jmcrook
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad37 View Post
    The only one I've never had a complaint with is "cold blooded cafe". I've tried other places and they're either out of what I need or have smaller rodents imo.

Strange. I’ve used CBC probably 3-4 times and have had nothing but good things to say about them. They even ship the same week if you get your order in by Monday I think? Regardless, I’ve had good experiences with all listed here. Rodent pro has sent me some kinda mangey piss soaked rodents a couple times but the snakes didn’t seem to care. They just looked and smelled exceptionally gross to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 01-20-2021, 08:27 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Strange. I’ve used CBC probably 3-4 times and have had nothing but good things to say about them...

I think you misread that post? "The only one I've NEVER had a complaint with is "cold blooded cafe". ;) (so easy to do)
  • 01-20-2021, 08:44 PM
    Toad37
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I think you misread that post? "The only one I've NEVER had a complaint with is "cold blooded cafe". ;) (so easy to do)

I wondered the same thing haha
  • 01-20-2021, 08:44 PM
    jmcrook
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post

Lol, yep! Just finished 9hrs of lecturing, demonstrations, student meetings, etc... my brain is pretty well cooked at this point in the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk