Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,496

3 members and 3,493 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

The ETB Feeding Sigh

Printable View

• 07-04-2020, 06:54 PM
    wnateg
    The ETB Feeding Sigh
    After 6 minutes of coaxing...

https://youtu.be/zlRbljvSeDs

Luckily, he did end up eating after.
  • 07-04-2020, 07:05 PM
    dakski
    Re: The ETB Feeding Sigh
    Good he ate.
  • 07-04-2020, 07:08 PM
    wnateg
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    Good he ate.

Yea, he's been eating "reliably" since I got him, but he is the SLOWEST eater and takes a lot coaxing. He will not strike. Whatever works though.
  • 07-04-2020, 07:31 PM
    303_enfield
    Have you tried drop feeding? Wake him up an place dinner out. If it's gone in thirty minutes your set.
  • 07-04-2020, 07:54 PM
    wnateg
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 303_enfield View Post
    Have you tried drop feeding? Wake him up an place dinner out. If it's gone in thirty minutes your set.

Yea, if I leave it, he wont take it. Even if I left it after this video, he wouldn't come back to it. I've tried both ways.
  • 07-04-2020, 09:21 PM
    Bodie
    Eating reliably is great. I am fortunate with mine that she will eat as soon as I dangle prey in front of her, but it's always after lights go out. I know you have mentioned it other past threads that you did get another ETB. Is the video of your newest one or your original? I also remember that your original ETB, you were having feeding probs at first, offered quail (I think) and he started eating again. Is that one still on birds? I'm curiously interested. As you know, these suckers are arguably the most beautiful snakes there are and some can be one of the most difficult to keep and eat. So yours eating reliably (with some patience) is awesome. Congrats
  • 07-04-2020, 10:23 PM
    wnateg
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bodie View Post
    Eating reliably is great. I am fortunate with mine that she will eat as soon as I dangle prey in front of her, but it's always after lights go out. I know you have mentioned it other past threads that you did get another ETB. Is the video of your newest one or your original? I also remember that your original ETB, you were having feeding probs at first, offered quail (I think) and he started eating again. Is that one still on birds? I'm curiously interested. As you know, these suckers are arguably the most beautiful snakes there are and some can be one of the most difficult to keep and eat. So yours eating reliably (with some patience) is awesome. Congrats

This is the newest one, correct. I havent made a thread about him because technically hes still in quarantine, and I'm making the enclosure they're both going to go in for breeding.

New male feedings:
    https://i.imgur.com/EEEne35.jpg

Yea, my original ETB is still feeding on quail. She will take rats occassionally, but I feed her quail still because it's more likely she'll take it.

Samantha (original ETB) feedings:
    https://i.imgur.com/d1ERbtc.jpg

Yea, they can be tricky and test your patience, but they're very nice snakes.