Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,076

0 members and 3,076 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,577
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
  • 04-13-2012, 06:17 PM
    Kenj620
    Just took this pic today hope she produces some babies this year!http://img.tapatalk.com/62d8b547-a5f4-8de6.jpg
  • 04-13-2012, 06:42 PM
    Slim
    Re: Unknown until proven morph
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex.B View Post
    i'd say a lesser or something she may have a phantom type gene just hunch

Whuuuuut :confused:
  • 04-14-2012, 01:07 AM
    Foschi Exotic Serpents
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Whuuuuut :confused:

I think he meant breed it to a lesser in case it's a phantom. In my opinion it does carry some phantom or "special" traits. If it were mine I'd first breed it to something in the blue eyed Leucistic complex of snakes. Lesser, Mojo, Russo, Phantom, Special, etc..

<---Signature--->
    Snakes, Jeeps, Dragons, Nature, & Knives.. Makes my world go-round!
  • 04-14-2012, 12:12 PM
    WingedWolfPsion
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SlitherinSisters View Post
    My guess is that one of her parents was a black pastel or cinny and her pattern was affected by that.

Your black pastel is gorgeous. :)
    It's not possible for a cinnie parent to contribute a cinnie pattern to one of its normal offspring. The cinnie mutation is a single gene--if they have it, they're cinnie (pattern and color). If they don't, they're normal (pattern and color).

The cinnamon and black pastel patterns are not selectively-bred traits, they're the result of just one gene. Selective breeding might be used to produce a normal animal that looks very similar, but that would take a very long time, and no one has done it.

I do agree that the OP's animal just might be a Huffman, too.
  • 04-14-2012, 01:07 PM
    Kenj620
    The thing that makes it questionable if she's a cinny or not is the color, IMO good cinnys are brown. This girl has so much contrast to her excessive amount of black pigment it's crazy. I never thought of any phantom/ special gene acting in there buts its deff a possibility. It's gonna be a little hard to prove out with the male I been breeding her with though lol
  • 04-14-2012, 01:08 PM
    snakesRkewl
    Does look similar to a Huffman, I don't see black pastel or cinny, interesting none the less, good luck OP.

It's amazing that some normals from a black pastel X normal breeding would carry the look of a black pastel but they do/can.
    Floating elongated aliens etc...this is a normal from a black pastel X normal pairing, the dam had nothing about her that would indicate she would throw floating alien and elongated aliens...

http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/a...ormalFem01.jpg
  • 04-14-2012, 01:38 PM
    Kenj620
    Its funny that you guys would say Huffman, I got my first ball from chris Huffman, female het albino pushes 3000g love her lol
  • 04-14-2012, 02:35 PM
    spasticbeast
    It looks like a Trick to me.
  • 04-14-2012, 02:49 PM
    Kenj620
    Quote:

Originally Posted by spasticbeast View Post
    It looks like a Trick to me.

That's what I thought when I first saw the tricks
  • 04-15-2012, 08:26 PM
    Kenj620