Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,372

4 members and 3,368 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Hides, my way

Printable View

• 02-24-2010, 01:03 AM
    NatelovesBPs
    Re: Hides, my way
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dundee85 View Post
    These are great hides, and reasonably priced. Better than Zillia IMO

http://www.reptilebasics.com/Hide-Boxes-p-1-c-282.html

Nice stuff but when you have gardening and pet departments at local stores these and other specialized hides are a HUGE waste of money!
  • 04-08-2010, 06:25 AM
    mommanessy247
    i used a small empty cardboard kleenex box for my first ball years ago...it loved it. this time around around i plan on using 2 8" repti shelters from reptiledirect.com.
  • 06-16-2010, 04:26 AM
    Timspear
    this is my guys favorite hide
    http://pet.imageg.net/graphics/produ...-3759666dt.jpg
    looks a little different though
  • 09-16-2010, 01:11 PM
    rimelame
    Is it better to have a tighter fitting hide?

I am having an issue with my female not going under her hide - it is more spacious then her previous one (which barely covered her). Should I cut it, so it's lower??

At the moment she doesn't go under at all, in fact, she lays on top.
  • 10-08-2010, 02:19 PM
    adurbin
    Quick question for you (and my first post). For asthetic purposes, have you tried covering the hides with moss, or substrate, or any other material. I know that it is clearly not needed, but part of my joy of keeping reptiles is terrarium decoration and making it look natural. I just wanted to get your opinion on decorating the hide.

Thanks!!:gj:
  • 12-27-2010, 02:36 AM
    LordRahlsFavorite
    Quote:

Originally Posted by janeothejungle View Post
    I always use a lighter and burn/melt the edge of the plastic a tiny bit so that it cools smoothly and leaves no sharp edges.

Clever! I never would have thought of that!
  • 12-31-2010, 01:16 PM
    Tim Personguy
    Hi everybody :)
    I had a question. Do palm tree leaves or branches hurt snakes in anyway? Because I want to put in some leaves or braches as another hide for my bp.
    Thanks in advance
    -Tim
  • 02-03-2011, 01:45 AM
    Alexzandra
    I found mine really enjoyed small cardboard boxes such as smaller cereal boxes. She enjoyed the paper towel roll when she was younger and outgrew them, but i just found some long square tubes for entertaining crackers that are just her size :) they make nice places for moss and elevated moisture, as well. Now when i shop, i am always on the lookout for containers that will suit her... I like the flower base idea as it it a nice shape they don't normally get.
  • 02-07-2011, 01:02 PM
    bigblue09
    i have a half log for mine right now but it lets a lot of light in. im thinking about putting cardboard over both ends and cutting a whole in one just big enough for her to fit in. shes about 3ft long. what do you guys think?
  • 06-16-2011, 07:39 AM
    Anna.Sitarski
    http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...ki/photo45.jpgSo I have many hides from reptile basics, but I needed a new one right away one day and I was at the pet store and bought a plastic castle type hide for hamsters. They had from clear to opaque and they had tiny breathing holes. 4.00$ Saw them at Petco, and Petsmart etc. I bought mine from a local pet store. A little more expensive but works on bps I think up to 400g.