Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,177

5 members and 3,172 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,567
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
  • 07-01-2009, 11:25 PM
    Qetu
    Re: How much have you paid for ball python morph?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pulcher View Post
    No snake is worth more than a grand to me. Not even the Banana ball or any other ball python that i love. In this hobby morphs drop quick in prices and its not worth losing that much money, theres a little thing called reality and self control that come into play.

wow wow buddy, this is a passion not just a hobby. if someone wants to pay alot of money for a snake they love its ok. its the same thing as somone paying to much for a nice car that just "looks cool" similar concept anyways.

my :twocents:
  • 07-01-2009, 11:39 PM
    Freakie_frog
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pulcher View Post
    No snake is worth more than a grand to me. Not even the Banana ball or any other ball python that i love. In this hobby morphs drop quick in prices and its not worth losing that much money, theres a little thing called reality and self control that come into play.

If I could pay 20K for a male like the banana would I???? Yes.. I got alot of females that would love a sexy snake like that and so what if the price drops by half. If you have 5 clutches of them in the bator you only have to produce to to recoup your money.

I think there are a few morphs that got kicked in the nuts before their time like the Enchi, Hypo, Axanthic. I'd like to see those three still about 1K each. But thats just me. :D
  • 07-01-2009, 11:47 PM
    Oroborous
    If I could afford it I would most definantly spend over 1K for some of my favorite morphs, such as the piebald or lavendar albino. But the most I've spent on a ball python is 300, and i paid 350 for a red blood python. Not to mention the thousands I've spent on housing and food. It's not a cheap hobby, but I don't mind spending my money on it. My family and friends think I'm insane.:gj:
  • 07-02-2009, 01:58 AM
    tims balls
    I have spent 1800 twice this year on a pied female, and killerbee female, 1500 on a pied and some PH females, 1k on a breeder spider female, and no telling what else

ball pythons are expensive :P
  • 07-02-2009, 02:04 PM
    JAMills
    I paid $1500 for a male pastel about about 5 years ago as a yearling proven breeder.
    Personally I do like that the prices are coming down on some of the morphs.
    Though I will have to agree with many of the other people, there are a lot of morphs that I feel should not be as cheap as they are or just had the bottom fall out on them...
    That said, If I had the money and it was a new exceptional morph with great genetic potential and few specimens so I knew the market would not be flooded by the time I was producing said morph I don't think there would be a limit on what I would spend.

So when I hit the Mega Millions I am going to go on an extended road trip to all the great breeders and buy all the latest, greatest, awesome morphs and combos I want and live happily ever after in my Mansion with giant warehouse out back :gj:
  • 07-05-2009, 01:23 AM
    th3jok3r
    i spent 1,400 and got a pewter male, lesser male, pastel female, 2 normal females
  • 07-05-2009, 07:02 AM
    Alice
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakie_frog View Post
    If I could pay 20K for a male like the banana would I???? Yes.. I got alot of females that would love a sexy snake like that and so what if the price drops by half. If you have 5 clutches of them in the bator you only have to produce to to recoup your money.

I think there are a few morphs that got kicked in the nuts before their time like the Enchi, Hypo, Axanthic. I'd like to see those three still about 1K each. But thats just me. :D

I agree. Usually if you buy into a project snake that is very costly, because it is usually pretty uncommon you have the opportunity to recoup your initial investment even if the price drops by half.
  • 07-05-2009, 07:44 AM
    CamStatic
    The most expensive snake I've bought so far, is a mojave for $1000 in 2008. The same year I bought another mojave for $844

Breaks my heart to see what most people paid for a spider. :p I spent $750 on mine, which I bought in 2008..
    Snakes are a bit more expensive in Europe than what they are in the US..
  • 08-12-2009, 11:52 PM
    Argentra
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Argentra View Post
    I be Poor!! The most I've spent so far was nearly $400 for my 100% het Albino pair. The female alone was $300, and that was a markdown. :) I'm hoping to make that money back (and possibly more) next year with those two.

My pastel male was handed to me for nothing, and now he's doing so well I wouldn't have regretted paying $200 for him!

Ok, update on this post!

I still be poor, but now I've spent $500 on my Albino male and $400 on my female spider. :D
    That free rescued pastel is approaching two years old now and still has his bright colors! Slight chance I got a LEMON pastel! :gj:

That spending will be it for now... maybe if I get a kick butt job, I can afford the Super Cinny that my dearly beloved has taken a liking to. :D
  • 08-12-2009, 11:56 PM
    ColinWeaver
    What a busy thread. Diverse community of people, aren't we?

Ball pythons morphs represent a collision of passion, obsession, investment, speculation, accomplishment, delusion and exaltation. We all play within our own comfort level and there is a level for everybody.