Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,231

0 members and 3,231 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
  • 07-11-2018, 09:20 AM
    jonarnold85
    Our First Clutch Ever, All Out of Their Eggs! :)
    I just wanted to thank everyone here for all their help. I've asked a million questions and worried for the last several months but it looks like everything went perfectly and I've got 5 healthy babies. We decided about a year and a half ago we wanted to breed as a hobby and spent what felt like forever learning how to do it. We've got a few clown females and a banana clown male that will be ready to go this coming winter but wanted to try 1 pairing over the last winter to make sure we knew what we were doing first. We paired a female spider het pied to a pastel pied and got 5 eggs. I feel like we hit some great odds. We got:

1 pastel spider pied (bumblebee pied)
    1 solid white spider pied with no head patch (a white wedding)
    1 pastel pied
    1 spider het pied
    1 pastel het pied

It feels like it's been an incredibly long wait but now it all felt worth it. We're hooked now so there's no turning back. :)
  • 07-11-2018, 09:22 AM
    Bogertophis
    Congratulations! :D :dance::dance::dance:
  • 07-11-2018, 09:33 AM
    Craiga 01453
    Congrats!!!
  • 07-11-2018, 09:37 AM
    Cybred
    Re: Our First Clutch Ever, All Out of Their Eggs! :)
    Congrat! I have the same pairing just gender is opposite. Got 5 eggs. Unfortunately two were slugs and one went bad. Will cut them this weekend on saturday (day 56). :)
  • 07-11-2018, 09:47 AM
    JodanOrNoDan
    And so it begins... Where's the pics?
  • 07-11-2018, 10:44 AM
    reptilemom25
    Sounds like a beautiful clutch. I would love to see pictures. Are you selling any?
  • 07-11-2018, 10:56 AM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Pictures or it did not happen! ;)

That very first clutch is really when you know if you want to keep doing this or not, I was hooked since my first one too and never look back.
  • 07-11-2018, 11:21 AM
    C.Marie
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Deborah View Post

That very first clutch is really when you know if you want to keep doing this or not, I was hooked since my first one too and never look back.

Do you remember your first pairing that be interesting to know :gj:
    And congratulations on your your first clutch can not wait banana clown is my dream bp very nice..
  • 07-11-2018, 11:48 AM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by C.Marie View Post
    Do you remember your first pairing that be interesting to know :gj:
    And congratulations on your your first clutch can not wait banana clown is my dream bp very nice..

I do actually nothing special Het Pied (I had bought a pair for $1200 but only the male was ready) X Normal that was back in 2007
  • 07-11-2018, 01:21 PM
    jonarnold85
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Deborah View Post

I'd love to post some pics. Despite being tech savvy, I'm not really sure how to post pics on this forum, lol. I assume the image must be hosted online and then linked within the thread?