Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,447

1 members and 3,446 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

Problem shed

Printable View

• 04-13-2014, 05:18 PM
    ZacharyPoller
    Problem shed
    OK so all of my other snakes shed no problem humidity is consistent between tanks at 75% I have this problem eater female who hasn't shed for me yet (4 months) and had one shed in her life (before I got her from breeder well she had her original shed after hatching but one after that) she shed a quarter of her body then stopped been like that for a day now I soaked her in water and attempted to help her shed but she doesn't like being handled one bit doesn't bite but hisses non stop... I want to help her get the other 3/4 off and I'm just confused because all of my other snakes have 100% perfect sheds always is it because she is young and this is only her second shed. I doubled and tripled check the husbandry and on my side I'm near perfect on conditions what can I do for her

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
  • 04-13-2014, 05:21 PM
    ZacharyPoller
    Re: Problem shed
    Her scales also never looks like this is it because of retained shed well other then not shedding 3/4 of her body the first 1/4 has no stuck shed
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/14/ehu2edag.jpg
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/14/jury7yny.jpg now I'm thinking more like 1/8 of her body she shed

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
  • 04-15-2014, 08:24 AM
    dr del
    Re: Problem shed
    Hi,

I have one that seems to need a higher humidity than normal to have a good shed.

I'd have a look at the bad shed sticky or put her in a damp pillow case ( low thread count ) and then se if you can get most of it off with a damp washcloth.

Make sure there are no parts left that completely encircle the snake - especially the tip of the tail.