Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,197

0 members and 3,197 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

1st from Illinois

Printable View

• 12-01-2011, 08:53 PM
    goincrzy
    Re: 1st from Illinois
    Where in Schaumburg is rainbow pets?? give me streets if possible... Thanks for the heads up on that, when in a pinch which i was last week i ran to petco and almost threw up for what the charge for small frozen rats... I seem to always miss the swap so i know where you're coming from on that.. Usually when i do get to go I STOCK UP! I get enough to last for awhile. HAHA!!
    I only have one Ball now so its not that bad..

Thanks again!
  • 12-02-2011, 01:34 AM
    chrisfarley62542
    From moline. The quad cities
  • 12-02-2011, 01:13 PM
    Satana
    I am PM-ing you with the info.
  • 12-20-2011, 02:28 AM
    python_addict
    Anyone live around the peoria area? I need to herp friends around me :D
  • 07-30-2012, 03:11 AM
    animalman6
    link up
    I'm in south chicago
  • 07-30-2012, 06:08 AM
    eatgoodfood
    Im from Chicagoland, Winfield, also lived in Elmwood Park, North Side, South side (canaryville), where else.. Naperville... buuuut now I live in Germany.
  • 07-30-2012, 08:53 AM
    Kaorte
    Lol this thread has been hanging on for a while! I'm on the south side of Chicago by cellular field

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 07-30-2012, 11:34 AM
    Satana
    Went to Repticon that was at the Kane County fairgrounds this weekend. It was pretty cool. They didn't do much advertising so it was kinda dead. It will be back in Jan so anyone who is close or wants to make the drive I'd suggest it. I picked up and animal plastics CB70 (4) rack for 250. I was going to build one but for that price I was sold. I checked online and that rack is 260 w/ belly heat but no tubs included. This rack takes the iris tubs and each tub is like 14 dollars so I saved $10 just on the rack itself then $56 on tubs and the $50 for shipping. That's $116 I saved! Totally worth it!
  • 07-30-2012, 11:42 AM
    Kaorte
    Re: 1st from Illinois
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Satana View Post
    Went to Repticon that was at the Kane County fairgrounds this weekend. It was pretty cool. They didn't do much advertising so it was kinda dead. It will be back in Jan so anyone who is close or wants to make the drive I'd suggest it. I picked up and animal plastics CB70 (4) rack for 250. I was going to build one but for that price I was sold. I checked online and that rack is 260 w/ belly heat but no tubs included. This rack takes the iris tubs and each tub is like 14 dollars so I saved $10 just on the rack itself then $56 on tubs and the $50 for shipping. That's $116 I saved! Totally worth it!

Awesome deal! I was there as well. Got me a green tree python and an amazon tree boa :)

Overall I think it was a really great show. It was a little dead, but it was their first chicago show. All things considered I thought they did a great job. A few questionable vendors selling some sad looking animals, but I just steered clear of them.

There has been a lot of people complaining (mainly over facebook) about Repticon. I don't really see what all the fuss is about. There are always a few sad looking animals at every show. :/ I think a lot of chicago people skipped out on Repticon completely so that they can remain faithful to other shows that are established in the area. I personally go to all of them.
  • 07-30-2012, 12:08 PM
    Satana
    Yeah I go to all of them as well. And I agree, there are always some questionable vendors at every show. I liked it and will definitely going back in January.

Have you posted pics of the new guys yet?