Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,387

1 members and 3,386 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 03-18-2018, 10:39 AM
    Joelgriz8124
    Re: Just some pics, since it's a little slow
    Very nice ! I was told bloods were very aggressive snakes , but I’ve never really researched them. Is this true ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 03-18-2018, 11:11 AM
    Craiga 01453
    I don't have a blood, but I have had a Borneo STP since New Years Eve. Bloods are often lumped in with Borneo and Sumatran Short Tail Pythons.

They all developed a somewhat bad reputation as nippy and difficult to handle a few years back when they were more uncommon in the hobby and primarily wild caught. Their temperaments have mellowed quite a bit as they've been captively bred. As a result, they're growing in popularity in the pet trade.

In my, though short, experience so far I've got nothing but good to say about my Borneo. He'll hiss a bit, but has never struck or shown any signs he might. They are notoriously vocal, so I'm not at all surprised or bothered by it. He handles well so far.
  • 03-18-2018, 04:48 PM
    aahmn
    As babies they tend to be more defensive than ball pythons, but often mature into calm, easygoing individuals. They seem to be a lot more aware of their surroundings, and if things aren't right they will let you know. Most of mine are easy enough to work with, but it takes a little more work getting them tolerant of longer handling sessions. I have individuals that do education events and are fine with it, others I wouldn't consider. Even my sweetest one still 'talks' when she's being handled. They are quite vocal, even when they are otherwise completely relaxed.