Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,119

1 members and 3,118 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 04-03-2018, 01:53 PM
    Gio
    Re: Juice, the Borneo Short Tail Python progression thread
    Quote:

Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Thank you!!

I highly doubt she'll pull out a tape measure, hahahaha. I'm hoping I can educate her a bit more and since she's already been so open to snakes she will surely be open to learning. I figure if I start with a juvenile she'llbe more inclined to be comfortable as it grows.

Yes,

Exactly! She sounds pretty cool. I keep thinking back to when I thought 6 feet was a huge size. I find 8 feet to be a very handleable and impressive size. For a boa constrictor 8 feet is huge, it really is because of the thickness. A female BCC/BCI (BC or BI) at 8 feet is very impressive.

The addition of a semi arboreal snake will compliment the beautiful but terrestrial STP you have.

Variety is fun.

This is entertaining, and I'll bet your girl would actually like a boa.
    http://i.imgur.com/y2rbr6k.jpg
  • 04-03-2018, 04:00 PM
    Craiga 01453
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Yes,

Exactly! She sounds pretty cool. I keep thinking back to when I thought 6 feet was a huge size. I find 8 feet to be a very handleable and impressive size. For a boa constrictor 8 feet is huge, it really is because of the thickness. A female BCC/BCI (BC or BI) at 8 feet is very impressive.

The addition of a semi arboreal snake will compliment the beautiful but terrestrial STP you have.

Variety is fun.

This is entertaining, and I'll bet your girl would actually like a boa.
    http://i.imgur.com/y2rbr6k.jpg

Yeah, I'm one of the lucky ones, she's a great girl. She puts up with me, so a lot of people would probably consider her a saint, hahaha!!!

I definitely like variety, hence 4 snakes right now and all different species. I probably won't add a second of any one species unless I just happen to fall crazy in love with a certain species. But, considering how much I love Kings and won't get a second yet I doubt it'll happen. Maybe a boa would prove me wrong though...

For comparison's sake, what your your Columbian boy weigh at 6+ feet?

That's a fantastic picture, by the way...
  • 04-03-2018, 04:14 PM
    Gio
    Quote:

Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Yeah, I'm one of the lucky ones, she's a great girl. She puts up with me, so a lot of people would probably consider her a saint, hahaha!!!

I definitely like variety, hence 4 snakes right now and all different species. I probably won't add a second of any one species unless I just happen to fall crazy in love with a certain species. But, considering how much I love Kings and won't get a second yet I doubt it'll happen. Maybe a boa would prove me wrong though...

For comparison's sake, what does your Colombian boy weigh at 6+ feet?

That's a fantastic picture, by the way...

Thank you.

I'm not sure on weight. He's about 6.5+ feet. Maybe 10 pounds maybe a little more.

He's a very easy keep.

I love Kings as well. I was once the fence between an Eastern Chain King and a carpet. Ultimately I went for a coastal carpet. She's a mutt though. I'm not 100% sure what the genetics are. I'm quite pleased though. Carpets are a wonderful species.

My wife is tolerant of the hobby but completely disinterested.
  • 04-03-2018, 04:35 PM
    Craiga 01453
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Thank you.

I'm not sure on weight. He's about 6.5+ feet. Maybe 10 pounds maybe a little more.

He's a very easy keep.

I love Kings as well. I was once the fence between an Eastern Chain King and a carpet. Ultimately I went for a coastal carpet. She's a mutt though. I'm not 100% sure what the genetics are. I'm quite pleased though. Carpets are a wonderful species.

My wife is tolerant of the hobby but completely disinterested.

Ok cool, that's actually a bit heavier than I was guessing just looking. He's gorgeous by the way!

That's funny you say that, I was thinking about a juvenile eastern chain before I got Django, my Cal King. I had a Cal King years ago and when I handled Django I just knew he was the one. He's proven to be my all time favorite snake. And a carpet is definitely on my list. I just wanna go boa next. I've got 2 pythons now and want, you guessed it, variety. Hahaha. But a carpet is only a few spits down the list.
  • 04-04-2018, 03:54 PM
    artgecko
    This is my South Brazilian BCA, Jax. This pic was taken last year when he was about 5'8-9". He is close to 6' now and weighs almost 10lbs. He can still easily be held up with one hand. I'm a shorty at 5'1" tall and can handle him easily.
    http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...6_170551-1.jpg
  • 04-05-2018, 08:03 AM
    Craiga 01453
    Quote:

Originally Posted by artgecko View Post
    This is my South Brazilian BCA, Jax. This pic was taken last year when he was about 5'8-9". He is close to 6' now and weighs almost 10lbs. He can still easily be held up with one hand. I'm a shorty at 5'1" tall and can handle him easily.
    http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...6_170551-1.jpg

Thank you. That's a beautiful animal. Is he named after Jax Teller??
  • 07-30-2018, 05:28 PM
    ryu80
    Is he feeding now or still on a food strike?
  • 07-31-2018, 08:44 AM
    Craiga 01453
    Sorry, haven't updated Juice's thread in a while...

He's been eating since early June. So far, still a mouser, but he's eating regularly and hasn't refused.

I'll get some pics up after work.
  • 08-01-2018, 09:25 AM
    Craiga 01453
  • 08-01-2018, 09:33 AM
    richardhind1972
    The markings are just so cool

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk