Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,290

1 members and 3,289 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Best Time to Weigh

Printable View

• 01-10-2019, 01:28 PM
    DamJoe
    Best Time to Weigh
    My son purchased his first ball python on January 6 at the reptile super show in Pomona, Ca. He's 10 and super excited about it, he's done endless research about it and one thing he hasn't been able to find is when the best time to weigh his snake is. He wants to keep a running log on our google drive account for feeding days as well as weight gain. Can anyone help with this? I'm new to Ball Pythons as well. My apologies if this has been asked a lot.
  • 01-10-2019, 01:41 PM
    Sonny1318
    Te best time to weigh them us after defecating (pooping) that would be the truest weight. Hope that answers your question.
  • 01-10-2019, 04:32 PM
    Craiga 01453
    Re: Best Time to Weigh
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonny1318 View Post
    Te best time to weigh them us after defecating (pooping) that would be the truest weight. Hope that answers your question.

Agreed
  • 01-10-2019, 07:57 PM
    DamJoe
    Yes it does! Thank you so much. Also his ball python weighs 86 grams is that a decent amount? I believe they told my son he’s about 1-2 months.
  • 01-10-2019, 08:57 PM
    RickyNY
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DamJoe View Post
    Yes it does! Thank you so much. Also his ball python weighs 86 grams is that a decent amount? I believe they told my son he’s about 1-2 months.

They all weigh different when they hatch, so no one can tell you what they should weigh at a determined age. It also depends how well they feed.
  • 01-15-2019, 05:39 PM
    DamJoe
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RickyNY View Post
    They all weigh different when they hatch, so no one can tell you what they should weigh at a determined age. It also depends how well they feed.

thank you for the reply. It's greatly appreciated.
  • 01-16-2019, 01:27 PM
    RXLReptiles
    I'll just add this as an option, but I weigh my animals every week about 24 hours before feeding time. If nothing else I try to keep lots of data on my animals.

It's actually kind of neat to see how feeding your 101 gram snake a 13 gram rodent will only cause a 6 gram increase in weight a week later, even without defecating that week.

This kind of schedule would give your son a chance to see how feeding and defecation effect the weight of his new noodle, and it's a good excuse for weekly handling. Lol
  • 01-16-2019, 01:31 PM
    SPIDERBALL
    I was wondering the same thing. When I had a bunch of BPs last year I always weighed the 1st of every month. But I guess some do sooner. I guess I did monthly to see a significant change in weight.

Sent from my Z986DL using Tapatalk