Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,115

0 members and 3,115 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
  • 06-14-2010, 11:27 AM
    JLC
    Re: Contests: Rules And Procedures
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
    Hey guys, Im pretty new here and ive got a few questiond about the contest (which i cant seem to find answers to)

1: where do I find contest themes for June onward for BPOTM/POTM? I checked the front page but It only gave the theme for "Photo Of The Month"

2: Does BPOTM/POTM have a theme? or is it just generally the best/funniest/sweetest ect pic will get more votes and win?

Any help would be appreciated

The only contest that has a monthly "theme" is the Photo of the Month...which you can see listed in the winner's box on the home page...as well as a monthly theme update stickied here in the Site Info forum.

BPOM (Ball Python of the Month) and HOTM (Herp of the Month) are both just what they say. Pictures must be taken by the person submitting them, and of animals that you actually own. (You can't submit animals from someone else's collection, shows, zoo pictures or wild herps, etc) These pictures can be funny or cute or hot or whatever you'd like to show off so long as they fit within the rules and the category.

Hope that answered your question! :)
  • 06-17-2010, 12:55 PM
    5snakes
    sorry I hadn`t read the rules. i posted 2 pictures.
  • 06-17-2010, 06:23 PM
    JLC
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 5snakes View Post
    sorry I hadn`t read the rules. i posted 2 pictures.

No big..I just picked the best one. :)
  • 09-06-2010, 09:27 AM
    Alexandra V
    Can you vote for your own picture?
  • 09-06-2010, 10:44 AM
    JLC
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lexxielightning View Post
    Can you vote for your own picture?

Certainly. :yes:
  • 11-25-2010, 01:30 AM
    Carlene16
    I feel like this may be a dumb question, how do I know that my picture is only 800 pixels? And if it's more than that how do I fix it?
    Thanks! :)
  • 11-25-2010, 12:09 PM
    Utta
    open picture, right click, go to properties and click "Summary" at the top
  • 11-02-2012, 10:04 AM
    Kaorte
    I tried uploading a photo last month, but I guess it never got approved, because it wasn't in the contest.

I uploaded a photo on 10/31/12 and I still don't see it in current entries. Am I missing something? I have done the photo contests in the past...but not for a while!
  • 11-03-2012, 12:38 PM
    JLC
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaorte View Post
    I tried uploading a photo last month, but I guess it never got approved, because it wasn't in the contest.

I uploaded a photo on 10/31/12 and I still don't see it in current entries. Am I missing something? I have done the photo contests in the past...but not for a while!

I'm just SO far behind on getting the contests together, is all. None of the new entries have been approved yet...the ones in the gallery are from last month's contest. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Will get everything fixed and squared away today, though!