Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,363

5 members and 3,358 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 04-14-2014, 11:09 PM
    leylaraks
    Re: Chameleon in bad shape given to me
    Yup!! He's looking better with each pic, hope he pulls through all the way! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 04-15-2014, 12:54 AM
    colton62
    Awh :( that's so awesome you took him in! The world needs more people like that. Please keep us updated because I really want him to make it

• 04-15-2014, 11:48 AM
    jclaiborne
    So my wife and I rotated getting up every hour during the night to check on him. He was able to hang on the fake vine all night long without falling once. That is a great sign! This morning he perked right up when I turned on his Power Sun, he drank some more water from the dropper and ate 5 more dusted wax worms. I am going to Lowes on my lunch break today to get some dowels to make climbing posts that I can anchor in his new cage so it will be ready to go when he is strong enough to climb. I will try and snap some pics of him when I get home if he is looking any better.
  • 04-15-2014, 08:55 PM
    jclaiborne
    Alright here is todays update...i am taking the vet and everyone on the chameleon forums recomendation and putting him in a proper enclosure where he can climb...i have spent the past two hours setting this up with padding just in case he does fall...i have dowels attached firmly in place everywhere so he will always have a place to grab onto...hopefully this perks him up even more...http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/16/9u8yme8y.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
  • 04-16-2014, 11:38 AM
    jclaiborne
    Well we are making baby steps in the right direction...he fell last night but i caught him...we are putting him on the top branches to bask when we are around and moving him to the bottom if we have to leave the house...he at 3 more dusted wax worms this morning and took another 3cc of water from a syringe. His prolapse still hasnt gone back in, so i will give it until sat before heading into the vets office again...hopefully by then he has some weight on him so we can treat the eye infection.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/16/u8yvuqad.jpg

• 04-16-2014, 09:04 PM
    mikelowery8790
    Hey I've never tried to care for a chameleon but you my friend are .....awesome you stepped in and saved the life of a living creature you deserve a heartfelt gratitude for being an upstanding human being and I hope all works out for the best cheers

• 06-15-2014, 04:09 AM
    alan12013
    That is so awesome you are helping him! I think I was following your posts on the chameleon forums too. How is he doing now? Any updates?
  • 06-15-2014, 10:45 AM
    jclaiborne
    Quote:

Originally Posted by alan12013 View Post
    That is so awesome you are helping him! I think I was following your posts on the chameleon forums too. How is he doing now? Any updates?

he is doing alright...baby steps all the way...his colors are getting brighter and he is stronger, but two days ago he decided to push his hemipenes comoletely out and no mattoer how much i soak him, using sugar water, and apply KY they wont go back in, so we may have to amputate them :(.

• 06-15-2014, 11:39 PM
    alan12013
    Oh no that sucks! I wish you the best with him.
  • 06-16-2014, 12:26 AM
    owl307
    wishing this guy the best of luck! I'm so glad you rescued him!