Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,039

2 members and 2,037 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,138
Threads: 248,588
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, BertsMum

$125 for male spider?

Printable View

• 09-20-2011, 10:43 PM
    Daybreaker
    I paid $160 picked up for my little Spider female from a breeder via Craigslist (a reputable breeder who regularly visits and sells on Fauna). I agree to defiantly take caution with any Craigslist purchase and check over the guy thoroughly.

For the wobble, mine has one that I would say is visibly apparent but not extreme. It adds to her quirky-ness. I can see how some would see it as a little nerve wracking if they're not familiar with it but just know that most if not all spiders have this to a degree (like jjmitchell stated) and as long as he's a good eater it shouldn't be a big deal. Keep in mind though that some spiders do corkscrew, which looks IMO kinda scary but I don't hear of too many spiders doing this.

If you like him and he's healthy and a good eater I'd snag him and not worry about his wobbles (or lack there of) and enjoy the new addition.
  • 09-20-2011, 10:57 PM
    bp-guy
    do spider combos sometimes have the wobble?
  • 09-20-2011, 11:04 PM
    Homegrownscales
    Yep. Anything with spider it it

Check out what's new on my website... www.Homegrownscales.com
  • 09-20-2011, 11:47 PM
    snake lab
    Re: $125 for male spider?
    You can get em for 75 bucks for babies at the shows. But 125 is a fair price local pickup. As far as wobble goes spiders have neuro issues. Some more then others, some not at all but its something to watch for. It was apparent in the first spiders produced. Some are so bad they look like they have lost all mobillity. But thats in extreme cases. I had a male like 5 years ago that was a mess neuroligically but he bred fine and none of the babies were neuro at all so its just a funny thing with them. Its just a weak link in their dna. Just like the tail kinking in caramels. It is what it is.
  • 09-21-2011, 12:53 AM
    mpkeelee
    Is is possible to try and breed the wobble out of them or atleast try to reduce it? I would guess no but I'm no expert.
  • 09-21-2011, 03:08 AM
    EverEvolvingExotics
    It seems to be completely random. Spiders that have horrible wobble can produce perfectly wobbly free babies and wobble free spiders can produce horrible wobble in their offspring. It's a chance you take with breeding spiders, it's why some people refuse to work with them. Personally I find that spiders have some of the most unique and calm personalities (not all but most), which is just as important to me as the quality of color and pattern.
  • 09-21-2011, 03:25 AM
    kevinb
    Where in NY are you from? I am pretty sure I have seen that add a few times...