Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,175

1 members and 3,174 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

unique little personas

Printable View

• 09-11-2017, 09:20 PM
    Godzilla78
    unique little personas
    I have been caring for 3 hatchlings/juveniles and I already have noticed their different personalities. The HET pied male is aggressive and likes to hang out on TOP of his hide smushed against the rack above him! Weird I know. The Ghost male is very friendly and calm, and likes to hang out BEHIND his hide! I tried moving him back into the hide, but he just prefers to hide behind it towards the back of the rack.
    The female piebald is friendly, but a ravenous eater, and she just hangs out in her hide like a typical royal.

Anyway, it is so clear how different their behavior is from one another, I am surprised how personal reptiles can sometimes be!
  • 09-11-2017, 09:22 PM
    GiddyGoat
    Re: unique little personas
    Quote:

Originally Posted by carldordelman View Post
    I have been caring for 3 hatchlings/juveniles and I already have noticed their different personalities. The HET pied male is aggressive and likes to hang out on TOP of his hide smushed against the rack above him! Weird I know. The Ghost male is very friendly and calm, and likes to hang out BEHIND his hide! I tried moving him back into the hide, but he just prefers to hide behind it towards the back of the rack.
    The female piebald is friendly, but a ravenous eater, and she just hangs out in her hide like a typical royal.

Anyway, it is so clear how different their behavior is from one another, I am surprised how personal reptiles can sometimes be!

haha, that's so weird! Everyone stereotypes reptiles as having no personalities but each individual does behave differently. Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed reading this. Hmm... I wonder what Dewey's personality will be like... lol
  • 09-11-2017, 09:42 PM
    cletus
    Yeah they def do display different behaviors. Mine are on opposite sides of spectrum.
  • 09-11-2017, 10:09 PM
    tttaylorrr
    Yellow is my easy-going boy; shy but goes with the flow. always hiding and is a shy eater, too. my OG.

Spaghetti is her own person; she does what she wants and i have to follow her lead. she makes it known when she's had enough of me and wants to be left alone. i've never seen her act aggressive ever.

Coffee Bean is only a month or so old so she's a feisty little brat! she hides and acts normal with handling, but she'll try to take pop shots when she thinks she can. i've only been graized by her lil teefs.
  • 09-11-2017, 10:24 PM
    Godzilla78
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    Yellow is my easy-going boy; shy but goes with the flow. always hiding and is a shy eater, too. my OG.

Spaghetti is her own person; she does what she wants and i have to follow her lead. she makes it known when she's had enough of me and wants to be left alone. i've never seen her act aggressive ever.

Coffee Bean is only a month or so old so she's a feisty little brat! she hides and acts normal with handling, but she'll try to take pop shots when she thinks she can. i've only been graized by her lil teefs.

Exactly, I figured they were all pretty much the same, until I went from 1 snake to 6! Now I know better.
  • 09-11-2017, 10:31 PM
    tttaylorrr
    Quote:

Originally Posted by carldordelman View Post
    Exactly, I figured they were all pretty much the same, until I went from 1 snake to 6! Now I know better.

six!!! of course you'll see their personalities! honestly, who would've thunk snakes have personalities? [emoji3]
  • 09-11-2017, 10:55 PM
    Sunnieskys
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post

You Are clearly in danger from coffee bean. I mean she did almost kill you last week! Watch out for that danger noodle! Lol
  • 09-11-2017, 10:59 PM
    hollowlaughter
    They definitely do.

Only person that thinks snakes don't have personalities never interacts with theirs.
  • 09-11-2017, 10:59 PM
    tttaylorrr
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunnieskys View Post
    You Are clearly in danger from coffee bean. I mean she did almost kill you last week! Watch out for that danger noodle! Lol

my legless child is trying to kill me )));
  • 09-11-2017, 11:05 PM
    thebrowntroutdude
    New to the forum, not new to snakes. Snakes definitely have very unique personalities, I love telling people my snakes have different personalities and querks. Fun to see their reaction, and even better if they come to believe me!