Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,191

3 members and 1,188 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,581
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux

humidifer

Printable View

• 02-12-2007, 08:24 PM
    Ballpython2
    humidifer
    I think I already made it a post for it but I’ll ask again anyway do any of yall use a humidifer with your animals?
    if so, How much if it does help? if it doesnt help why do you think its not helping?..I just brought a new humidifer I’m deciding if I should use it for my reptile walk in closet for my spiders and tarantulas and snakes and geckos.

here is a picture of it. it was $41.

https://ball-pythons.net/gallery/fil.../humidifer.jpg
  • 02-12-2007, 08:37 PM
    kavmon
    Re: humidifer
    yes i have one of those, i like it. i actually run 2 humidifiers on low. on low the water last a while before i need to fill up. no complaints. i like the warm mist types better, no filters to buy, humidifies better. the only maintenance is a monthly cleaning of the heating element!

vaughn
  • 02-12-2007, 10:23 PM
    Ballpython2
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kavmon
    yes i have one of those, i like it. i actually run 2 humidifiers on low. on low the water last a while before i need to fill up. no complaints. i like the warm mist types better, no filters to buy, humidifies better. the only maintenance is a monthly cleaning of the heating element!

vaughn

Thanks very much for responding so quickly appreciate that.How long does the water last on the first notch? how long does it last on the second notch?

Will I have to refill it during in the middle of the night? and how soon does it start to work? and what was your humidity before you used the humidifiers? and what is now after had the humidifiers after a whole day? again thanks for your quick response.
  • 02-12-2007, 10:26 PM
    Ballpython2
    One more thing, what is your animals' responses to the constistanty of your humidity and what were they like before the humidifiers?
  • 02-12-2007, 10:32 PM
    kavmon
    on low it will last more than 12 hours maybe 16.

on high i had to refill every morning and when i got home from work.

i didn't notice much with the inverts, but the snakes do shed better! :D