Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,129

2 members and 3,127 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
  • 04-13-2022, 07:55 PM
    Erie_herps
    That's great! This is super exciting! Did you change any of the incubation temperatures?
  • 04-14-2022, 11:03 AM
    Lizrd_boy
    Re: Leopard gecko breeding questions
    Since the other one from the first clutch died I decided not to. Even if all three are males, I have enough room to keep them seperately and some of my friends want a leopard just as a pet and don't care if it's male or female. I want a male so I can breed him with Lea when he's old enough, so this way I'll probably get at least one. And if it get more, I get first pick :D
  • 04-15-2022, 11:19 AM
    Lizrd_boy
    Okay so I opened the incubator today (I wasn't going to but my dad wanted his thermometer back lol) and while it was open I candled the eggs. the youngest are doing good, embryos are easier to spot and are near/at the top. The oldest one has had the pink glow for the past few days/weeks, but it's less defined now, mostly because of a dark shadow curled up in part of the egg, juuuust about the size of a baby gecko (hmmm, I wonder why :)). I'm guessing it's the baby?
  • 04-15-2022, 12:59 PM
    Bogertophis
    It's pretty exciting to see eggs laid, then developing & finally hatching into adorable creatures, isn't it? :) It never gets 'old' for me either. :gj:
  • 04-15-2022, 01:08 PM
    Lizrd_boy
    Yeah. This is my first time and I'm not thinking Ill be quiting anytime soon :). the leopard gecko addiction moves to it's next stage...
  • 04-18-2022, 11:59 AM
    Erie_herps
    The dark mass that you see is the baby. Usually when it gets to that stage it's close to hatching. That's super exciting and I can't wait for baby pictures!
  • 04-20-2022, 04:39 PM
    Lizrd_boy
    Cool! I can’t wait for it to hatch.

And I got plenty to feed him… my crickets hatched the other day and I got like 200 pinheads loose in my incubator. Took me about an hour to get them out lol. Anyway, if the egg hatches in 2-3 weeks the cricket la will be juuust the right size.
  • 04-26-2022, 03:23 PM
    Lizrd_boy
    Okay, so I candled the oldest egg last night, and there were tons of veins in the top, and at the bottom there was a dark shape, and then the dark spot MOVED!!! I can't wait for it to hatch, should be in a week or two, assuming that a 90 the incubation lasts 35 days so staying between 87.5* and 89* should hatch in maybe 45 days? I'm so excited, can't wait to have a little gecko!
  • 04-26-2022, 03:52 PM
    Erie_herps
    That's super exciting (or should I say egg-citing, lol)! You should have a little leo baby super soon!
  • 04-26-2022, 06:52 PM
    Lizrd_boy
    About hatchling care... I was planning on keeping the babies seperately in plastic shoebox containers with paper towels, a water dish, and a hide and heat it to 90* with UTHs under the container. I was talking to someone else who breeds leopard geckos, and she said that a UTH isn't safe for hatchlings??? It's gonna be on a tstat so I thought that would be fine, but will it? I mean, this person also uses calcium sand in some of her reptiles tanks, so I don't particularly trust every little thing she says, but I just want to get a second opinion.

Also, should I leave the heat in the hatchlings containers on set to 90* for 24/7, or should I drop lower at night like I do with the adults?