Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,424

4 members and 3,420 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 07-24-2014, 11:45 AM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Re: Practices for maximum rat production?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ElliotNess View Post
    What is your opinion on good food. I have seen numerous threads on it but the key factor to me is found locally or free shipping. I am 2 blocks from Kahoots so if they carry an appropriate brand or style, that would be ideal.

Harlan or Mazuri rodent food whic can be picked up in feed stores, they usually have to order it.

Those are formulated for breeder rodents that are meant to be feeders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 07-24-2014, 11:49 AM
    ElliotNess
    I have a couple rats that seem to be hairless... is this an anomaly or is it something like a defect that can be bred out.
  • 07-24-2014, 11:53 AM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ElliotNess View Post
    I have a couple rats that seem to be hairless... is this an anomaly or is it something like a defect that can be bred out.

Are they completely hairless?

They could be hairless rats it is recessive.

Or they could be super Rex which is co-dom, those has fuzz on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 01-21-2020, 04:50 PM
    Kt011092
    I am relatively new to rat breeding. We are breeding mice and ASF's but just got into the rats. We started out with 1.2 and have gotten 2 small litters (3 and 2 pups). They are in concrete tub rack system and get Mazuri 16% protein rodent blocks. Any suggestions improving litter size? I'm planning on getting 2 more breeding sets at the next reptile show, so I want to make sure we're doing everything right to encourage maximum baby production.
  • 01-21-2020, 04:59 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kt011092 View Post
    I am relatively new to rat breeding. We are breeding mice and ASF's but just got into the rats. We started out with 1.2 and have gotten 2 small litters (3 and 2 pups). They are in concrete tub rack system and get Mazuri 16% protein rodent blocks. Any suggestions improving litter size? I'm planning on getting 2 more breeding sets at the next reptile show, so I want to make sure we're doing everything right to encourage maximum baby production.

It's a 6 years old thread if you have any questions it would be best to create a new one.