Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,418

4 members and 3,414 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 08-14-2012, 11:07 PM
    SeeTheCityLights
    Re: Any eventers, jumpers, or dressage riders on this forum?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Daybreaker View Post
    And a shameless plug for myself...I paint model horse sculptures and always like to share them with fellow horse lovers. Here's my website: http://www.freewebs.com/elkhornstablesstudios/

Wow, those are amazing! :bow: Do you buy breyers that are already painted and paint over them, or do you buy unpainted ones?
  • 08-14-2012, 11:11 PM
    Daybreaker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeTheCityLights View Post
    Wow, those are amazing! :bow: Do you buy breyers that are already painted and paint over them, or do you buy unpainted ones?

Thanks! I mainly do commissions for people, so they send me Breyers, Peter Stones, or artist resin sculptures that I paint - have them be unpainted or "original finish" (already painted) from the factory that I prep, primer, and re-paint.
  • 08-14-2012, 11:22 PM
    SeeTheCityLights
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Daybreaker View Post
    Thanks! I mainly do commissions for people, so they send me Breyers, Peter Stones, or artist resin sculptures that I paint - have them be unpainted or "original finish" (already painted) from the factory that I prep, primer, and re-paint.

That's really cool! Do you make good money from it?
  • 08-14-2012, 11:26 PM
    Daybreaker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeTheCityLights View Post
    That's really cool! Do you make good money from it?

Good enough to keep buying snakes :D
  • 08-14-2012, 11:32 PM
    devildog_dk
    She does a pretty good volume of them too, I can't open a door in our house without hearing "Careful I have a horse in there" lol.
  • 08-15-2012, 02:37 PM
    SeeTheCityLights
    haha sweet! I have a friend who paints them, but nothing like yours!
  • 08-18-2012, 04:26 AM
    youbeyouibei
    I rode/showed/competed in western events growing up and my family had Quarter Horses. My last horse was a double registered Palomino Quarter Horse out of Skipper W and Ms. Helen lines. I had some great ones growing up and my grandpa was big on the AQHA foundation animals: Easy Jet, Wimpy, Driftwood, etc. My gelding died three years ago at 26 and I haven't gotten another and right now I don't have the time or space, money aside. He was foaled the same year I was (ha! sorry, mom!) and was an awesome horse. Versatile as could be and could have gone a lot further with a more accomplished rider than what I was/am. Horses and dogs...if I could only pick two animals to have the rest of my life, those would be the two. Snakes would be a close third but those two would take the top spots. I tried hunt seat once...and that was the end of that, lol! Jodphurs and posting...never could make sense of either of those things, lol! I still have my saddle and if circumstances ever allow for it, I'll absolutely get another horse, even if it's just one to plod around the pasture on.
  • 09-05-2012, 06:43 PM
    SlitherinSisters
    Nope, I'm western
  • 12-20-2012, 05:36 AM
    CathyHudson
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellatrix_LeSnake View Post
    Former eventer here. I still mess around at unaffiliated shows occasionally, but at the moment, I can only afford one horse and mine has turned 18 and started to slow down.

I can't wait until I can get competing again. I do miss it but I'm glad I'm still able to ride all the time, albeit with fewer shows

So what are you waiting for? I guess it will happen soon in the favor of yours..
  • 02-01-2013, 04:32 PM
    Badgemash
    I'm clearly super late to this thread (I usually never manage to scroll past BPs on the forum list), but I'm a jumper (none of that boring hunter stuff)! Hopefully I will grow enough self control to stop depleting my new horse fund every time I see a nice axanthic, and be able pick up a nice OTTB soon... It's depressing how many of them are broken down as four year olds, but I've seen enough 4-5k horses that turn out to be capable of grand prix that I want to go for it (plus I don't exactly make enough to go shopping in Germany!).