Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,037

0 members and 3,037 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

zacharynay (18)

» Stats

Members: 75,114
Threads: 248,553
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, kindred_of_rot

Need Some Help Please!

Printable View

• 09-23-2015, 10:16 AM
    Alexiel03
    Need Some Help Please!
    i have a 75 gallon tank (4ft long x 20 inches tall x 18in deep) and im wondering what kind of fish i can keep with a peacock eel, my favorite freshwater fish are cichlids so are there any that are peaceful enough to be in a Live Planted community tank? what are some other kinds i can put in there including non cichlid fish? im open to all opinions and suggestions :)
    i was looking online at different kinds of freshwater fish and the list below is what im interested in getting for the tank:

Discus
    German Gold Cichlid
    Boesemani Rainbow Fish (Melanotaenia boesemani)
    Turquoise Rainbow Fish (Melanotaenia lacustris)
    Albino Rainbow Shark
    Blue Angelfish (Pterophyllum sp.)
    Platinum Angelfish (Pterophyllum sp.)
    Black Veil Angel (Pterophyllum sp.)

so out of these fish which ones can coexist peacefully with the peacock eel and eachother?
  • 09-23-2015, 12:12 PM
    Timelugia
    From my limited experience- the rainbow shark and the angelfish can go together. Cichlids tend to be extremely aggressive, they might leave your eel alone, but they're just as likely not to. I don't know about the other fish though.
  • 09-23-2015, 02:20 PM
    Alexiel03
    Re: Need Some Help Please!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Timelugia View Post
    From my limited experience- the rainbow shark and the angelfish can go together. Cichlids tend to be extremely aggressive, they might leave your eel alone, but they're just as likely not to. I don't know about the other fish though.

the german gold cichlids are one of the more peaceful cichlids, and only get about 3 inches. they are okay in a community tank as far as i know.
    i found the basic info here: http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...84&pcatid=1084