Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,320

2 members and 1,318 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,111
Threads: 248,549
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, GhostyBoy29
  • 07-12-2022, 07:16 AM
    bcr229
    Re: New Half Dwarf Burmese Father!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wanik4 View Post
    Oh I saw one of those from Arcadia today, will grab one at PSmart as they apparently now supply Arcadia....thanks!

No problem. They're powerful for their size though, so make sure you regulate it.
  • 07-12-2022, 05:44 PM
    Wanik4
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    No problem. They're powerful for their size though, so make sure you regulate it.

Got the DHP and as I've seen others wrote there is a weird smell. I have it on full so far but am expecting it to get hotter. Since that is replacing the flood lamp, what do you recommend for ambient lighting to save on electric?....LED? Now there is no true light from a bulb...did you gave a smell from THE dHP?
    .cj

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
  • 07-12-2022, 08:27 PM
    bcr229
    I don't remember mine having a weird smell but it's been quite a while since I started using them.
  • 08-05-2022, 10:09 PM
    Wanik4
    UPDATE FOR THE GIANT PYTHON FORUM. Harry ate his second meal today after two weeks, and shedded about an hour before, perfect shed. Meal was a small rat/weaned rat and a small hamster, both frozen thawed. All I do for this guy is warm his food and lay it on cork bark and a basking rock [a real rock under a DHP] and he gobbles it up after a small hunt.

Hoping to never make him attack food for no reason to keep him as friendly as possible. He enjoys sleeping and telaxing in a number of ceramic glazed flower pots i have laid on their sides in the different heat zones. Cheers.

Cj

• 08-05-2022, 10:18 PM
    Bogertophis
    Sounds like it's going well-:gj:
  • 08-07-2022, 12:26 PM
    EL-Ziggy
    Quote:

UPDATE FOR THE GIANT PYTHON FORUM. Harry ate his second meal today after two weeks, and shedded about an hour before, perfect shed. Meal was a small rat/weaned rat and a small hamster, both frozen thawed. All I do for this guy is warm his food and lay it on cork bark and a basking rock [a real rock under a DHP] and he gobbles it up after a small hunt.

Hoping to never make him attack food for no reason to keep him as friendly as possible. He enjoys sleeping and telaxing in a number of ceramic glazed flower pots i have laid on their sides in the different heat zones. Cheers.

Cj

Sounds like things are off to a great start. I hope Harry continues to thrive in your care. He’s a very handsome fellow. That’s a very interesting point you made about drop feeding to reduce food aggressiveness. I never thought of it that way but the idea seems to have merit. I feed all but one of my snakes from tongs. They’re all hard hitters when I offer them food but they’re pretty mellow outside of feeding time especially if I tap them with a snake hook.
  • 08-07-2022, 12:42 PM
    Wanik4
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    Sounds like things are off to a great start. I hope Harry continues to thrive in your care. He’s a very handsome fellow. That’s a very interesting point you made about drop feeding to reduce food aggressiveness. I never thought of it that way but the idea seems to have merit. I feed all but one of my snakes from tongs. They’re all hard hitters when I offer them food but they’re pretty mellow outside of feeding time especially if I tap them with a snake hook.

Yeah if not needed it seems like we are doing it for our entertainment. I don't think that instinctual reaction is a must, especially with giants who can mistake us for food and create quite the scene haha. However, no knocks to anybody who feeds this way! Cheers!

Cj

• 08-07-2022, 01:05 PM
    Wanik4
    He didn't want to move, but looks like about 3.5ft at about a year, according to the breeder on age. He's a chill man so far! Will document the frequency of shedding throughout to help others.

Cjhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...e1ca0b3e63.jpg

• 08-07-2022, 01:11 PM
    Wanik4
    Quote:

He didn't want to move, but looks like about 3.5ft at about a year, according to the breeder on age. He's a chill man so far! Will document the frequency of shedding throughout to help others.

Cjhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...e1ca0b3e63.jpg

Shot of his freshness up close. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...133e8e91ca.jpg

• 08-07-2022, 01:19 PM
    Wanik4
    Out and about. Ok, past one haha. Cheers all.

Cjhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...ec57b5f4a7.jpg