Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,000

1 members and 2,999 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
  • 01-13-2008, 10:53 PM
    rabernet
    Re: Introducing a New Method for Enforcing TOS/Site Rules
    I think what John is asking, when he got the infraction today, he'd like for people to see what the infraction is for. If people see the post that you were infracted FOR, there should be an icon next to the mult-quote button that they can click to see the reason you were infracted for that particular post.

In order to be able to click infractions to see all your infractions from any post would be a hack that we have not done yet.

Is that what you meant, John?
  • 01-13-2008, 11:06 PM
    JASBALLS
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    I think what John is asking, when he got the infraction today, he'd like for people to see what the infraction is for. If people see the post that you were infracted FOR, there should be an icon next to the mult-quote button that they can click to see the reason you were infracted for that particular post.

In order to be able to click infractions to see all your infractions from any post would be a hack that we have not done yet.

Is that what you meant, John?

Yep, Thats it Robin.. And Thanks for posting that Judy!
  • 01-13-2008, 11:09 PM
    JASBALLS
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JASBALLS View Post
    Yep, Thats it Robin.. And Thanks for posting that Judy!

See I'm still trying to help! When I do get banned. I want to be banned and still liked by the mods and most members here!! I like this place Kinda.. LOL!
  • 01-13-2008, 11:50 PM
    nixer
    it might be easier to just have it show which rule(s) were broken
  • 01-14-2008, 09:11 AM
    Bruce Whitehead
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nixer View Post
    it might be easier to just have it show which rule(s) were broken

It will tell you if you are viewing the post in which the infraction occurred...

Exhibit A
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...t=58859&page=2

My post is on that page somewhere with the infraction listed below it.

Bruce
  • 01-14-2008, 09:12 AM
    Bruce Whitehead
    I may have lied. I think it only shows because it was edited?

Bruce
  • 01-14-2008, 09:33 PM
    bcampos
    Quote:

Originally Posted by McAdry View Post
    It's sad to see that the mod's and admin's have been forced to reagulate the behavior of adults on this site,...

It's sad to see that you can't speak even remotely free without having admins and mods "regulate" our behavior.

Freedom of speech anyone? I know there are some things not appropriate for a family site, but this is going comunist real fast.
  • 01-14-2008, 09:35 PM
    bcampos
    Quote:

Originally Posted by McAdry View Post
    ahh yes it might be a bit hard to enforce but in the end, most of the time with a little time and effort one can tell the general age of the poster through how they post and or type not always,but most to the time. Oh and well it's really simple to enforce violation is simply a ban from the site.This is just my opinion I'm shure those that run the techincal part's of this forum could come up with some way to do it. Again bascily it comes back to self discipline and self requlation,and a personal sense of responsiblity.

I've seen 8 year olds that act like adults, and 30 year olds that act like children. If you have some super power about guessing ages you should try out for a profiling job with the feds....

You already stated that its the admins and mods that are "forced" to regulate us. Now yous ay its self regulation.

Pick one, you are on both sides of the fence.
  • 01-14-2008, 09:36 PM
    wilomn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bcampos View Post
    It's sad to see that you can't speak even remotely free without having admins and mods "regulate" our behavior.

Freedom of speech anyone? I know there are some things not appropriate for a family site, but this is going comunist real fast.

You seem to have confused this site, of which memebership to is a privilidge NOT a right, with your right to speak your mind in public.

While this IS the internet and a site publicly available, it is NOT one where you can post without being a member.

IF you don't like the rules, or the communistic slant you seem to see, hit the road.

It's as simple as that.
  • 01-14-2008, 09:40 PM
    bcampos
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    You seem to have confused this site, of which memebership to is a privilidge NOT a right, with your right to speak your mind in public.

While this IS the internet and a site publicly available, it is NOT one where you can post without being a member.

IF you don't like the rules, or the communistic slant you seem to see, hit the road.

It's as simple as that.

I was not demanding the right of free speech.. just bringing up its ideals as part of our society. I understand, of course, that this is a privately maintained site. It's the theory behind the words that we as humans should want to come out.

If you have trouble seeing the comunistic approach here, or agree that it is correct to censor everything, then you should perhaps think a bit more about it.