Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,258

1 members and 3,257 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

Ardhanari Naga

Printable View

• 01-22-2007, 05:43 PM
    MedusasOwl
    Ardhanari Naga
    Been working on this piece for a very long time, and I finally feel it's finished. Ardhanarishvara, the union of Shiva and Parvati, is my ishta devatā and beauty snakes have had a huge impact on my life as symbols of love and inspiration. The combination seemed only natural on a personal level. This will likely be the only Naga Ardhanari I do, but it most certainly won't be the last Ardhanari piece, nor the last piece incorporating beauty snakes. Blue Beauties and Taiwan Beauties lend themselves so perfectly to the traditional colors of the Ardhanari... This is easily my favorite of any art piece I've done, and symbolizes creation, love, and divine unity amongst a host of other things for me. I hope the love shines through. :love:

http://pics.livejournal.com/medusasowl/pic/000kd822

You guys get the special censored version since S/He is topless, which was confusing to do as half of the Ardhanari is male and half is female, lol, but the original is already up on my website. I'm going to be getting the large poster version of it from my own shop for over the couch. :love:
  • 01-22-2007, 11:31 PM
    tigerlily
    Re: Ardhanari Naga
    Beautiful Sheree. :sweeet:
  • 01-22-2007, 11:42 PM
    lillyorchid
    That is just breathtaking!
  • 01-22-2007, 11:52 PM
    Laooda
    LOOOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue2:
  • 01-22-2007, 11:53 PM
    iceman25
    Wow! This is very beautiful! I think it's my favorite piece so far in your collection! :gj:
  • 01-23-2007, 06:42 PM
    MedusasOwl
    Thank you! This is absolutely my favorite too, I feel like my style took a great leap forward with this piece. :)
  • 01-27-2007, 04:45 PM
    Ginevive
    That is REALLY awesome; as always, I love yer work!
  • 01-28-2007, 08:58 PM
    MedusasOwl
    Thanks hon! :) I do plan to do a Nataraja version of this with legs too, soon as I finish some other projects that are underway. But I do especially love the Ardhanari.
  • 01-29-2007, 10:18 AM
    frankykeno
    Beyond words hon, just absolutely beyond. It's been an honor to watch your progression through your works you've shared with us. She is stunning and a tribute to the skill and soul of the artist.
  • 01-29-2007, 12:31 PM
    MedusasOwl
    Awh... thank you so much, Jo! I must say, b-p.net has really inspired me both as a snake enthusiast and an artist. I've said it before and I'll say it again, there would be no Blue Gorgon without B-P.net. I wouldn't have my Gomez or these life changing VBB muses or even little Irwin... So the honor is all mine. :)