Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,280

0 members and 3,280 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

Little Luna

Printable View

• 06-04-2018, 07:56 PM
    Sauzo
    Opened up my windows in the basement and decided to open all the snake cages as well and let the fresh air flow lol. Luna decided to perch on her litter dam and soak it up. She is the most laid back little girl...unless she smells a rat, then she panics and runs away even if the rat is dead lol.
    https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...671c5615_o.jpghttps://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...23eccf4a_k.jpghttps://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...5d6c8d8a_k.jpg
  • 06-05-2018, 07:38 AM
    PiperPython
    Luna is absolutely beautiful. And probably my favorite of yours :)
  • 06-05-2018, 09:30 AM
    Sauzo
    Re: Little Luna
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PiperPython View Post
    Luna is absolutely beautiful. And probably my favorite of yours :)

Thanks. And yeah Luna is definitely a sweetie of a snake. She would be perfect if she wasnt terrified of FT rats lol. Once 2 adult mice become too small for her, there is going to be serious tough love involved to get her to rats. No way i'm feeding a 5 foot dumerils mice.....i love the snakes but i draw the line at some point lol.
  • 06-05-2018, 01:01 PM
    Prognathodon
    Have you tried her with rabbit kits? The day-old ones I get are about mouse-sized.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • 06-05-2018, 01:04 PM
    PiperPython
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Prognathodon View Post
    Have you tried her with rabbit kits? The day-old ones I get are about mouse-sized.

oh god, the rat pups are hard enough since we have a few picky eaters :(
  • 06-05-2018, 04:25 PM
    Prognathodon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PiperPython View Post
    oh god, the rat pups are hard enough since we have a few picky eaters :(

I buy them frozen, so it isn’t as bad. Plus the really young ones are hairless, which cuts down on the cute factor a lot.

• 06-05-2018, 05:36 PM
    Sauzo
    Luna is scared of anything that even smells like a rat lol. Only snake i've ever seen that was scared of a food item. And a dead lifeless food item at that.
  • 06-06-2018, 12:31 PM
    Prognathodon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Luna is scared of anything that even smells like a rat lol. Only snake i've ever seen that was scared of a food item. And a dead lifeless food item at that.

That’s why I asked about rabbit kits - they shouldn’t smell like rats, and you can go bigger as she grows.

• 06-06-2018, 06:04 PM
    Sauzo
    I have a hard time getting a steady supply of rabbits small enough for the boas and retic, i dont think i could even find kits unless i found a meat rabbit breeder locally.
  • 06-07-2018, 01:29 PM
    Prognathodon
    I guess I’m spoiled, two feeder suppliers at the local twice-monthly show have rabbits, including kits.