Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,210

0 members and 3,210 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 08-11-2018, 09:40 AM
    C.Marie
    Such a cute little babe, do you know her weight? Pick out a name for her so exciting, congratulations what a super sweet pick up. :gj::gj::gj:
  • 08-11-2018, 12:29 PM
    tttaylorrr
    Re: Kallari the Melanistic Russian Rat Snake (Progression Thread)
    beautiful little baby! congrats!!! colubrids are amazing snakes; i think everyone should keep one.
  • 08-11-2018, 12:37 PM
    ryu80
    Congratulations. That's a beautiful and cool looking rat snake.
  • 08-11-2018, 12:38 PM
    Craiga 01453
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    colubrids are amazing snakes; i think everyone should keep one.

Agreed
  • 08-11-2018, 04:33 PM
    ckuhn003
    Congrats!!!!! So glad she made it safely. I was tempted to ask but wasn't sure of the situation. Interesting enough, I was at one of the Georgia State Parks today and they had a Rat Snake on display so I knew that had to be a sign. She's absolutely beautiful!! Can't wait to see more pictures!!!!
  • 08-11-2018, 11:00 PM
    MissterDog
    Quote:

Originally Posted by C.Marie View Post
    Such a cute little babe, do you know her weight? Pick out a name for her so exciting, congratulations what a super sweet pick up. :gj::gj::gj:

Thank you! Yup she's 18 grams! DINKY!

Quote:

beautiful little baby! congrats!!! colubrids are amazing snakes; i think everyone should keep one.

Thanks! I've definitely been enjoying my colubrid experience so far and it's super gratifying seeing her out and active during the day. I know she's still settling but I've been loving watching her exploring everything in her tub. Her current favorite is the cardboard bridge ladder I made her!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryu80 View Post
    Congratulations. That's a beautiful and cool looking rat snake.

It's hard to catch her blacks on the camera but her head and belly are a perfect inky black and I love it! It will be really cool to watch how she changes as she gets older!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckuhn003 View Post
    Congrats!!!!! So glad she made it safely. I was tempted to ask but wasn't sure of the situation. Interesting enough, I was at one of the Georgia State Parks today and they had a Rat Snake on display so I knew that had to be a sign. She's absolutely beautiful!! Can't wait to see more pictures!!!!

Thank you! Both Zerkle and I were up at night worrying about her but it all worked out in the end! (@redshepherd and @Kira have also been great reassuring company!) I'm so glad she made it safe and sound, and was as lively as she was!

Hoping to take more pictures of her once she's more settled!
  • 08-14-2018, 12:20 PM
    MissterDog
    No new pics yet but baby girl ate for me! Mouse pinkies are even smaller in person wow!
  • 08-14-2018, 12:32 PM
    tttaylorrr
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MissterDog View Post
    No new pics yet but baby girl ate for me! Mouse pinkies are even smaller in person wow!

congrats on the first feed! i'm sure she'll never give you problems there tho. ;)
  • 08-15-2018, 02:23 AM
    MissterDog
    Quote:

Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post
    YESSSSSS FINALLY!!!

And guys, according to Zerkle (though not sure how true this is), she is the first melanistic russian rat snake bred and born in the United States! Or first being sold rather, because there was another female melanistic in the same clutch that they kept.

Omg I know it finally happened ;_;

aaaaaand Yup it's true and totally cool! Kallari and her sister are definitely the first two bred and born visual melanistics in the US! Kallari was the only one that was for sale so I got super lucky since I was on Zerkle's waiting list since last year lol. Extra lucky they were both female!

Quote:

congrats on the first feed! i'm sure she'll never give you problems there tho. ;)

Thanks! I'm sure too!
  • 08-15-2018, 05:54 AM
    Zincubus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MissterDog View Post
    Omg I know it finally happened ;_;

aaaaaand Yup it's true and totally cool! Kallari and her sister are definitely the first two bred and born visual melanistics in the US! Kallari was the only one that was for sale so I got super lucky since I was on Zerkle's waiting list since last year lol. Extra lucky they were both female!

Thanks! I'm sure too!

Great news !?

$$$$$$$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk