Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,251

0 members and 3,251 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 04-18-2017, 10:22 PM
    zina10
    Gravid or not...that is the question!
    Well, I have given up trying to make sure. Don't want to stress her. She followed all the typical behaviors. Although I never saw ovulation, might have missed it. She looks very full for not having eaten in a while, though. Tomorrow is 28 days since the last shed. Incubator is running...just in case.

Isn't she a pretty snake though. She was my first morph and is just the nicest snake. Always has been. And still so pretty at going on 7 years old.

My bumblebee Maja. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a6d3f9e85a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...65917f035c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 04-19-2017, 01:43 AM
    EL-Ziggy
    Re: Gravid or not...that is the question!
    She is s beauty and fingers crossed that she goes for you this year Zina.
  • 04-19-2017, 11:40 PM
    rufretic
    Too funny, I thought we only had the pastel desert ghosts in common but turns out I'm waiting on a bumble bee to lay some eggs too. Same situation, I think I missed ovulation cause shes looking huge now and she shed 20 days ago. I think mines actually a bumble belly, but close enough lol. Good luck with her, I hope she goes for you.
  • 04-20-2017, 12:22 AM
    zina10
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rufretic View Post
    Too funny, I thought we only had the pastel desert ghosts in common but turns out I'm waiting on a bumble bee to lay some eggs too. Same situation, I think I missed ovulation cause shes looking huge now and she shed 20 days ago. I think mines actually a bumble belly, but close enough lol. Good luck with her, I hope she goes for you.

That is a funny coincidence, LOL!!

What did you breed your girl to?
  • 04-20-2017, 11:36 PM
    rufretic
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    That is a funny coincidence, LOL!!

What did you breed your girl to?

Male is a pastel enchi. They will make a lot of morph possibilities but only a few I would consider holding back. Unfortunately this wasn't super planned out, they were basically just my first two ready to go and I figured it couldn't hurt to get some experience and make sure I enjoy the whole process before I get too crazy with my breeding plans, too late for that, I'm up to 10 females lol. But I'm still glad I did it because I am enjoying the process and getting some experience. I will be waiting a while for most of my other females to be ready. I'm hoping to have at least 2 more ready for next year if they stay on track with feeding.

Which male did you use for your pairing?
  • 04-20-2017, 11:46 PM
    zina10
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rufretic View Post
    Male is a pastel enchi. They will make a lot of morph possibilities but only a few I would consider holding back. Unfortunately this wasn't super planned out, they were basically just my first two ready to go and I figured it couldn't hurt to get some experience and make sure I enjoy the whole process before I get too crazy with my breeding plans, too late for that, I'm up to 10 females lol. But I'm still glad I did it because I am enjoying the process and getting some experience. I will be waiting a while for most of my other females to be ready. I'm hoping to have at least 2 more ready for next year if they stay on track with feeding.

Which male did you use for your pairing?

That sounds like a nice breeding !!!

One of the females I'm breeding (I'm breeding 3) is a pastel Enchi, too..hehe. That is the one that has been on track, not eating for a while either, then suddenly she showed feeding response and actually took a md. rat yesterday. They are all driving me insane..haha

Breeding was never a priority for me, I just wanted to try it this year, for the excitement !!

The male I'm using for all 3 girls (Bumblebee, Pastel Enchi, Pastel Lesser) is a Super Blast !

http://photos.imageevent.com/morgens...81713996_n.jpg

I was doing some cage maintenance tonight and picked up Maja, the bumble bee and for the first time I did notice a huge bulge. It wasn't hard like ovulation. But it wasn't a bunch of bulges like eggs. Sigh. She either has a bunch of small duds or one huge egg, LOL. Or the others were hiding. Or its all in my head.

I'm keeping the incubator running anyhow.
  • 04-20-2017, 11:52 PM
    zina10
    This is the Pastel Lesser female I'm breeding to the Super Blast male

http://photos.imageevent.com/morgens...e/IMG_0035.JPG

her most recent "building??" picture

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...72fe52238d.jpg

and here is the Pastel Enchi female that has been on schedule and suddenly decided she wants to eat again after refusing for a while like the others have...

http://photos.imageevent.com/morgens...21729538_n.jpg

A few weeks ago I had a "overheating" scare with a probe that has come loose. So perhaps it damaged follicles or maybe they aren't actually building or maybe I will get eggs.
    At this time, everything is up in the air ;)

But even that is sort of exciting. The suspense. I love the snakes I have and I will not be sad not to get little ones, but it would be nice to sit in front of the incubator watching the eggs "cook" ;)
  • 04-22-2017, 11:55 PM
    rufretic
    I hear you, it's super exciting but a little stressful being a first timer and not knowing what's going on lol. My girl has been an eating machine throughout the whole process, tonight she just took two more small rats so I have no idea, maybe she's still just building. At least you have a few your working with so I'm sure at least one will go for you.