Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,312

1 members and 3,311 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

Reptile Defense Fund

Printable View

• 12-19-2013, 03:47 PM
    OctagonGecko729
    Man, I really had to dig to find the auction for USARK, and it looks like I missed it. Where were all the advertisements for it?
  • 12-19-2013, 03:54 PM
    patientz3ro
    Re: Reptile Defense Fund
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 3skulls View Post
    Its a good day.

You know in the movie, Signs, when the aliens are leaving Earth and the little girl is showing how the people on TV are dancing?

Yeah. That good.

Dear HSUS and PETA,

Bite me.

Sincerely,
    The Nation.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk
  • 12-19-2013, 04:07 PM
    Kodieh
    $41,156 was the total from the auctions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
  • 12-19-2013, 04:20 PM
    patientz3ro
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodieh View Post
    $41,156 was the total from the auctions.

That's in less than 9 days, too, right?

• 12-19-2013, 04:24 PM
    Kodieh
    Quote:

Originally Posted by patientz3ro View Post
    That's in less than 9 days, too, right?

I believe so. Across 107 auctions.

• 12-19-2013, 04:53 PM
    OctagonGecko729
    So yeah, where was this hub at to show all these auctions? Did we have one? I would think it would make sense for folks to donate animals to USARK and then run the auctions on their facebook like NERD does but I couldnt find anything that organized.
  • 12-19-2013, 05:01 PM
    Kodieh
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OctagonGecko729 View Post
    So yeah, where was this hub at to show all these auctions? Did we have one? I would think it would make sense for folks to donate animals to USARK and then run the auctions on their facebook like NERD does but I couldnt find anything that organized.

The group was called Reptile and Amphibian Charity Auctions on Facebook.

• 12-19-2013, 05:16 PM
    MrLang
    The auctions are the best way for them to make money here. The 'margin' on multi-gene snakes is outrageous - big keepers who are hatching hundreds of them could/should easily donate a handful of snakes for the auctions without putting themselves out of business and, to put it in perspective, would go out of business if this legislation keeps pushing forward.
  • 12-19-2013, 05:28 PM
    Kodieh
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MrLang View Post
    The auctions are the best way for them to make money here. The 'margin' on multi-gene snakes is outrageous - big keepers who are hatching hundreds of them could/should easily donate a handful of snakes for the auctions without putting themselves out of business and, to put it in perspective, would go out of business if this legislation keeps pushing forward.

And when you start talking USARK benefit auctions, you're gonna end up paying more in the end too. So that animal will fetch more than if it sold in a classified. Not to mention the good the money will do.

• 12-19-2013, 09:03 PM
    gaiaeagle
    I don't remember how I stumbled across the auctions. I'm glad I did for it was a glorious thing to watch. I ended up with something small, but glad I was able to get something and give something to this fight. There were a lot of animals that went for some big bucks. The next round I hope to donate some snake shed jewelry that I make. I'm giving what I can to protect the animals I love.