Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,934

0 members and 1,934 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,568
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
  • 09-26-2011, 10:25 PM
    waltah!
    When it comes to phones, just how big is TOO big?
    As the recent trend for Smartphones is to get bigger and bigger I'm curious to see what people think about it. The iPhone was known to have a large screen at one point, but is now dwarfed by many current devices.
    I grabbed a few of my phones for comparison.
    We have a couple of HP Veers, an HTC Surround with 3.7" display, EVO 3D with a 4.3" qhd display and a Samsung Infuse with a massive 4.5" screen.
    http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...gejpeg_2_2.jpg
    http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...magejpeg_2.jpg
    I apologize for the poor pic quality (taken with EVO 4G). Lighting wasn't the best and I was feeling kinda lazy after a long day;)
    So do you like the growing trend of growing displays?
  • 09-26-2011, 10:27 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    It has to fit in the back pocket of my jeans if it doesn't than it's too big ;)
  • 09-26-2011, 10:32 PM
    purplemuffin
    I don't care about size. I care if it's sturdy!

I hated when my parents gave me a razr. That dang thing was so flimsy! I swear I had bad ones too, some of them came in the mail to me broken already. And don't even get me started on the cheapy feeling plastics 90% of laptops are made of now. I don't care if it's 10 pounds, I don't want it to break! :D

I like how blocky smart phones are, and how easy it is to get a good sturdy case for them. So size isn't too important. But for some reason I tend to like larger smart phones, but smaller regular phones. I might be crazy! :confused:

But yeah, fitting in my pocket is important! Well, it used to be. Now I have trouble finding pants with any REAL pockets in them. Girl pockets are annoying. Most of the jeans I have now have the pockets zipped shut or are about an inch deep. I mean..really?!

But I guess give me a big smart phone!

Funny, since I hate most of the 'tablets' and ipads!
  • 09-26-2011, 10:35 PM
    waltah!
    It's funny cause the sturdiest phone in that pic is also the smallest. The HP Veer is super well made. You also can't beat it when it comes to tossing in pocket.
  • 09-26-2011, 10:40 PM
    llovelace
    The larger the screen display the better for me, I fell in love with the evo for that reason.
  • 09-26-2011, 11:10 PM
    Clementine_3
    I like the 4" screen (maybe a smidge bigger, haven't really tried anything larger). It is my phone so has to still be, well, phone size. Can't imagine holding anything much bigger to my ear.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
  • 09-26-2011, 11:12 PM
    Freakie_frog
    For me if I put it in my front shirt pocket and it weigh's my shirt down or if it makes an outline on my pants then it's to big. My BB pearl was a great size, useless phone but great size.
  • 09-26-2011, 11:14 PM
    purplemuffin
    Re: When it comes to phones, just how big is TOO big?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by waltah! View Post
    It's funny cause the sturdiest phone in that pic is also the smallest. The HP Veer is super well made. You also can't beat it when it comes to tossing in pocket.

That is funny! I would probably go with that one then! :P
  • 09-26-2011, 11:52 PM
    adamjeffery
    my buddy has the dell streak phone and it has the 5 inch screen. great for surfing the net but he has replaced the screen 4 times now and returned it twice for other issues. that phone is too big. makes a bigger target...lol
    adam jeffery
  • 09-26-2011, 11:55 PM
    waltah!
    Re: When it comes to phones, just how big is TOO big?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by adamjeffery View Post
    my buddy has the dell streak phone and it has the 5 inch screen. great for surfing the net but he has replaced the screen 4 times now and returned it twice for other issues. that phone is too big. makes a bigger target...lol
    adam jeffery

I used to have a Streak and it actually was too big for me. Screen size is one thing, but the entire phone body was too large to be comfortable. Build quality also seemed questionable to me so i didn't keep it long.