Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,374

4 members and 3,370 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 05-24-2017, 06:38 PM
    andrewross8705
    Is asking to negotiate the price of a single reptile rude?
    The title is pretty self explanatory but wanted to get others opinions on this. The snake in question has been listed as available for almost 6 months with the same price tag from day one. It's a female axanthic het snow hognose listed at $350 plus shipping.

I was debating on asking if he is firm on the price but don't want to be rude either and come off as if I'm trying to get the snake for less than its value.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  • 05-24-2017, 06:42 PM
    JodanOrNoDan
    Most people will negotiate, just don't make such a low offer that you offend the guy. I always negotiate as long as someone is within 75% of the asking price.
  • 05-24-2017, 06:44 PM
    andrewross8705
    Re: Is asking to negotiate the price of a single reptile rude?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    Most people will negotiate, just don't make such a low offer that you offend the guy. I always negotiate as long as someone is within 75% of the asking price.

I was thinking of asking if he would take $300- $350 shipped but wanted other people's opinions 1st.

Thanks.

• 05-24-2017, 06:49 PM
    PitOnTheProwl
    I don't think its wrong to offer a lower negotiation as long as in your case you don't throw out $100.......
  • 05-24-2017, 06:53 PM
    redshepherd
    For yours, I usually just ask for something like $360 shipped.
  • 05-24-2017, 06:59 PM
    Sauzo
    I dont see a problem with asking like 10% off or something. But the flip side to that is be ready to pay in full. To me, asking for a discount and then asking for a payment plan would be tacky.

With that said, I'm a pretty easy customer as i pay the asking price but in return, i expect my animal to be perfect and not a dent and scratch sale model lol.
  • 05-24-2017, 07:02 PM
    andrewross8705
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    I dont see a problem with asking like 10% off or something. But the flip side to that is be ready to pay in full. To me, asking for a discount and then asking for a payment plan would be tacky.

With that said, I'm a pretty easy customer as i pay the asking price but in return, i expect my animal to be perfect and not a dent and scratch sale model lol.

Touché and that's something I hadn't thought about because I was going to ask about a payment plan as I want to secure the snake now. Full price would probably be in my best interests

• 05-24-2017, 07:49 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Asking for 10% or free shipping is fine and acceptable when people offer 50% of your asking price that's when it is considered ridiculous and usually will not even get an answer back.
  • 05-24-2017, 08:01 PM
    ringorock
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Asking for 10% or free shipping is fine and acceptable when people offer 50% of your asking price that's when it is considered ridiculous and usually will not even get an answer back.

I want to offer $200 for that nana clown you just showed off.
  • 05-24-2017, 08:06 PM
    AbsoluteApril
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ringorock View Post
    I want to offer $200 for that nana clown you just showed off.

as a 10% down payment? :cool: