Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,230

1 members and 3,229 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 09-08-2012, 07:25 PM
    jjmitchell
    Trying to start an annual reptile show in the Texas Panhandle......
    So I have lived in eastern New Mexico all but 1 year of my life. That year I spent working for a company that took me to a reptile show nearly every weekend.... I have seen good ones and I have seen bad ones..... To make this a short story I miss going to reptile shows, and well unless I drive 8-12 hours one way there is just not one around here to be had.....

My plan is to try to find means to set up a once a year reptile show in the Amarillo area, there are so many small communities with in a few hours (2) of Amarillo that would give us the ability to reach approximately 600,000 people.... That being said I think with that many people and the strong local exotic animal market something like this would do moderately well. I have been to several shows (like the Gila reptile show in New Orleans) that were "exotic animal" shows not reptile only.... This would probably help bring in a stronger market to have birds, exotic mammals, reptiles, ect all under one roof..... I dont want just a sales show either, I love the shows that have good sales, but have strong educational experiences also....

I am posting this here because this is our back yard, do you think it would be feasible?
  • 12-07-2012, 11:26 AM
    Dark Lady Kat
    Re: Trying to start an annual reptile show in the Texas Panhandle......
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jjmitchell View Post
    So I have lived in eastern New Mexico all but 1 year of my life. That year I spent working for a company that took me to a reptile show nearly every weekend.... I have seen good ones and I have seen bad ones..... To make this a short story I miss going to reptile shows, and well unless I drive 8-12 hours one way there is just not one around here to be had.....

My plan is to try to find means to set up a once a year reptile show in the Amarillo area, there are so many small communities with in a few hours (2) of Amarillo that would give us the ability to reach approximately 600,000 people.... That being said I think with that many people and the strong local exotic animal market something like this would do moderately well. I have been to several shows (like the Gila reptile show in New Orleans) that were "exotic animal" shows not reptile only.... This would probably help bring in a stronger market to have birds, exotic mammals, reptiles, ect all under one roof..... I dont want just a sales show either, I love the shows that have good sales, but have strong educational experiences also....

I am posting this here because this is our back yard, do you think it would be feasible?

I live approx 4 and half hours from Amarillo and am curious as to if you ever got the Expo to take off