Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,315

1 members and 3,314 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Newest venomous addition

Printable View

• 03-27-2019, 01:59 PM
    Cheesenugget
    Keeping a pet lion vs a pet venomous snake is like comparing oranges to apples. One is a 600+ lb of muscle and teeth, some owners allow them to roam free around the house or live with the household members, less predictable and can react aggressively without being provoked. The other usually bites out of fear, more predictable for an experienced hot keeper who knows what to look for, and can't break through a secured locked enclosure.

I don't keep hots and have no plan to, mostly because I'm not a fan of display pets in general. I think they are beautiful animals and most keepers who gets licensed to keep them earned their stripes to do so. On the contrary, in most states you can pick up a lion cub with little to no experience.
  • 03-27-2019, 02:56 PM
    distaff
    Re: Newest venomous addition
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkL1561 View Post
    Welp...I definitely understand why you don’t have kids [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, at this point, that's all you've got left for an argument.
    That's not an argument.
  • 03-27-2019, 05:55 PM
    Neal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheesenugget View Post
    Keeping a pet lion vs a pet venomous snake is like comparing oranges to apples. One is a 600+ lb of muscle and teeth, some owners allow them to roam free around the house or live with the household members, less predictable and can react aggressively without being provoked. The other usually bites out of fear, more predictable for an experienced hot keeper who knows what to look for, and can't break through a secured locked enclosure.

I don't keep hots and have no plan to, mostly because I'm not a fan of display pets in general. I think they are beautiful animals and most keepers who gets licensed to keep them earned their stripes to do so. On the contrary, in most states you can pick up a lion cub with little to no experience.

Exactly, but you can't argue with people like that who are blind and only see what they want.

Quote:

Originally Posted by distaff View Post
    So, at this point, that's all you've got left for an argument.
    That's not an argument.

He never had one lol, he was making assumptions and using if as arguments, if the whole world flooded, if the whole world caught fire, yadda yadda. He was doing that reaching that those types of people often do to try to make something of nothing without knowing anything about the laws and such of keeping, and the requirement to get a permit.
  • 03-28-2019, 12:33 PM
    Jnksnakes
    Man I didn't know you were coming to the show we should have caught up!
  • 03-28-2019, 09:32 PM
    Neal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jnksnakes View Post
    Man I didn't know you were coming to the show we should have caught up!

Yea, I was there both days, pretty much the entire day for both as well. I'll be at the Lake Charles one as well if you're going there.