Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,151

0 members and 3,151 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 05-25-2021, 05:44 PM
    jmcrook
    First clutch ever. Would love some Help
    Not to be a naysayer and I’m not 100%, but are you certain mom is jungle woma? She looks very classic pastel to me and the hatchlings pictured out of the eggs appear to be two pastels, one normal, and one super pastel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 05-25-2021, 05:50 PM
    Jguido1987
    Re: First clutch ever. Would love some Help
    I agree. It was sold to me as a jungle woma. And what I was told was that the reason her color and cleanliness of her as an adult was because of jungle woma. There isn’t much information on the jungle woma. J.K. has a page about it and the potential of it. But that’s about as much as I can find.

• 05-28-2021, 01:25 PM
    Snow Balls
    Quote:
    She looks like a standard pastel to me as well. Looks like you have 1 super pastel, 2 pastels, and 1 normal. I love the blushed out head on the super pastel. Its really clean!
  • 05-28-2021, 01:45 PM
    Jguido1987
    Yes it does seem to be that way at the moment. Based on the hatchlings math it does seem to match the genetics calculator with 4-pastels, 1-normal, and 1-super pastel. No one seems to have any idea of any identifiers for a Jungle Woma morph. Either way I’m very happy w my first clutch.

• 05-28-2021, 05:15 PM
    nikkubus
    I am no expert on the jungle woma morph, but the ones I'm seeing don't look like pastels and have a different head stamp. Is it possible she is a pastel jungle woma? Or do you think the breeder just goofed and she is normal pastel? I would get a real good look at all the hatchlings after a first shed and see if you can solve the puzzle. Mom doesn't scream everyday pastel to me pattern wise, and she is holding her color quite nicely, which sometimes can happen with another morphs help. Lower left hatchling (upper right in the last pic) has a pretty weird pattern with really strong head blushing compared to the other pastel hatchling, and might be a pastel jungle woma.
  • 05-28-2021, 07:01 PM
    Jguido1987
    I do think the mother is a pastel jungle woma. I do have one that is a bit of a different shade then the other three that seem to be pastel. 1 I think is a normal, 1 is super pastel and maybe jungle woma in there also. And the other 4 are all very similar. I will need them all out of first shed and do a side by side. Hopefully everyone will be able to help. Thank you to everyone for your advice already.

• 06-14-2021, 02:09 AM
    Jguido1987
    Hello everyone. Thank you for the help so far. I spoke w a few other people who have worked with Jungle Woma and they get pretty confident that the mother is a pastel jungle woma. The jungle woma is mostly a color enhancer and disrupts the pattern a little. It seems to help maintain color and helps prevent “brown out”. I have a few more pictures after their first shed and first meal. Would love some opinions on genes. Thanks again to everyone so far. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...f5bd42b8aa.jpg

Jguido1987
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...5b95c593b2.jpg

Jguido1987
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...3886b0505f.jpg

• 06-14-2021, 02:10 AM