Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,241

1 members and 3,240 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
  • 07-06-2007, 10:40 PM
    djansen
    where to put the heat tape?
    sorry for the dumb question but where does the heat tape go? i built a rack and i used stralite tubs going the long way in, so would it go on the bottom of the back or front?
    thanks
  • 07-06-2007, 10:45 PM
    lord jackel
    Re: where to put the heat tape?
    Usually along the back...if you divide the tub into 3rd's put it in the middle of the back 3rd section. This will provide a nice basking area and should provide a temp gradient toward the front.

Hopefully this description is clear. :)
  • 07-06-2007, 10:45 PM
    Chase13
    What do you mean by front? Anyways, belly heat is usually the best choice, due to better digestion and better overall heat for less money. Use aluminum tape to tape the heat tape to the shelve so the tubs sit on top of it.
  • 07-06-2007, 11:56 PM
    djansen
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase13
    What do you mean by front? Anyways, belly heat is usually the best choice, due to better digestion and better overall heat for less money. Use aluminum tape to tape the heat tape to the shelve so the tubs sit on top of it.

i was wondering if the heat tape should go on the bottom of the front of the tub or back, so if i slide the tub out the tape would be at the back of the rack or along the front where i pull it out.
  • 07-07-2007, 12:21 AM
    lord jackel
    Quote:

Originally Posted by djansen
    i was wondering if the heat tape should go on the bottom of the front of the tub or back, so if i slide the tub out the tape would be at the back of the rack or along the front where i pull it out.

See my response...at the back (about 1/3 up from the back of the tub):)
  • 07-07-2007, 12:44 AM
    djansen
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lord jackel
    See my response...at the back (about 1/3 up from the back of the tub):)

sorry, forgot to read. thanks and i cant rep you for some reason. :confused:
  • 07-07-2007, 12:49 AM
    recycling goddess
    yup... under the tub at the back. ours is about 3" from the back edge... and we are using 11" flexwatt since we have cooler winters and have a hard time getting our ambient temps up in the winter...

but many people simply use the 3 or 4" flexwatt. (can't remember how big the narrower stuff is)
  • 07-07-2007, 12:50 AM
    recycling goddess
    Quote:

sorry for the dumb question but where does the heat tape go? i built a rack and i used stralite tubs going the long way in, so would it go on the bottom of the back or front?
    thanks

not a dumb question at all!!!
  • 07-07-2007, 08:37 AM
    lord jackel
    Quote:

sorry, forgot to read. thanks and i cant rep you for some reason. :confused:

Not a problem...glad I could help. :D