Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,173

1 members and 3,172 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
  • 10-26-2019, 05:15 PM
    Bogertophis
    Re: Miniature pond ( ideas wanted)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CALM Pythons View Post
    Thats cool but he will use that as a toilet hahahaha and I couldn’t remove it to clean whenever I needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same...wouldn't take long for a snake to destroy it, lol.

Those cement mixing tubs are black at least- not gaudy. Should be easy to disguise or support.

Only other thing I can think of- I used to have a huge plastic bathtub for bathing large dogs...it had a drain plug in the bottom too. About 40" long, about 16" deep...you
    might be able to find such a thing, but like the one I had was bright turquoise...;) Not exactly a natural look, lol. Mine was something like this:

https://www.googleadservices.com/pag...9aACCFs&adurl=

There's also laundry sinks... (those groomer tubs get pricey pretty fast!)
  • 10-26-2019, 05:24 PM
    Bogertophis
    You might also look around feed stores...the best ones have all sorts of big tubs for livestock, & all...tend to be less $ than "dog grooming" or human stuff. ;)
  • 10-26-2019, 07:36 PM
    bcr229
    Any large container filled with water is going to be heavy though. If/when the snake poops in it that's going to be fun to bail out, unless you plan on using a sump pump to drain it?
  • 11-09-2019, 12:07 AM
    303_enfield
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    Any large container filled with water is going to be heavy though. If/when the snake poops in it that's going to be fun to bail out, unless you plan on using a sump pump to drain it?

Wet/dry shop vac will empty it in two minutes. Heck, some small turtle ponds have filters run on batteries an even solar.
  • 12-02-2019, 07:18 AM
    CALM Pythons
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    You might also look around feed stores...the best ones have all sorts of big tubs for livestock, & all...tend to be less $ than "dog grooming" or human stuff. ;)

Found these. 14 Gallons. They also make a smaller one thats 7 Gallons. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f8087f862c.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...108e14a8cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 12-02-2019, 11:58 AM
    Bogertophis
    Sweet...especially if those are what you're looking for-? I don't need anything that size, but I live in farm country & buy some things from feed stores so I know what
    they carry. Nice modeling, btw. :D
  • 12-02-2019, 09:15 PM
    DandD
    I’m working on this same thing for my 150 gallon aquarium project. I bough a cheap rock waterfall off amazon. I’m gonna attach it to some heavy stones and place in a tub similar to a cement tub( I actually may use one of those they look perfect). Then just build more styrofoam facades around it.