Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,188

3 members and 3,185 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
  • 08-31-2017, 10:15 PM
    Rhys
    shipping a 6 foot red tail boa.
    Do any of you know how to mail a big snake like this? My father will be mailing her to me due to her original owner (his friend) not wanting her anymore. And he and I both have never shipped an animal and especially not a big snake like this. How much would it be? do we need any licences? He's shipping from washington state to texas. And how should we ship her? What would we need?
  • 08-31-2017, 10:24 PM
    StillBP
    Re: shipping a 6 foot red tail boa.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Do any of you know how to mail a big snake like this? My father will be mailing her to me due to her original owner (his friend) not wanting her anymore. And he and I both have never shipped an animal and especially not a big snake like this. How much would it be? do we need any licences? He's shipping from washington state to texas. And how should we ship her? What would we need?

Depends on her weight would probably need to go in a wood crate via Delta dash there is a YouTube video of how to ship large snakes that might help you

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
  • 08-31-2017, 10:34 PM
    Rhys
    Is there a link to the video?
  • 09-01-2017, 01:01 AM
    ElliotNess
    Brian Barczyk just made a video about 3 weeks ago shipping a burmese on his personal YT channel....
  • 09-01-2017, 01:32 AM
    mlededee
    If the snake meets the size requirements of ShipYourReptiles.com (not more than 4 inches in diameter and not more than 8 feet in length) you can ship the snake using their shipping service.

Go to shipyourreptiles.com and sign up for an account. You can order shipping supplies and get detailed instructions on how to ship at the ShipYourReptiles website. When you are ready to book your shipment, use discount code BPnet40 to save 40% off of your first shipment!
  • 09-01-2017, 02:01 AM
    BR8080
  • 09-01-2017, 02:10 PM
    Rhys
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mlededee View Post
    If the snake meets the size requirements of ShipYourReptiles.com (not more than 4 inches in diameter and not more than 8 feet in length) you can ship the snake using their shipping service.

Go to shipyourreptiles.com and sign up for an account. You can order shipping supplies and get detailed instructions on how to ship at the ShipYourReptiles website. When you are ready to book your shipment, use discount code BPnet40 to save 40% off of your first shipment!

Sounds awesome! I will definitely do that!