Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,111

0 members and 3,111 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
  • 10-07-2020, 11:20 PM
    Ambassador
    Animal Plastics T8 with divider. Questions on heating
    I'm looking at picking up a T8 with a divider to house two ball pythons. The cage will be kept in a room that is never cooler than 70 degrees. Is it unreasonable to assume I would be able to maintain cool side temperatures using heat tape/flexwatt only? If so, what size RHP's would be best suited to keep each side properly heated if I skipped the heat tape entirely? Are two 28 watt units adequate or would I go to the 40 watt models? Thanks for any recommendations you can offer.
  • 10-08-2020, 08:12 AM
    jmcrook
    Re: Animal Plastics T8 with divider. Questions on heating
    Heat tape will do essentially nothing for ambient temps. I imagine the 28watt RHP would likely do the trick. Small enough to create a focused hot spot without being too powerful.
    Having said that, I have a divided T8 with a 40watt RHP one one side that is used solely to ensure the ambient temp is sufficient. I have heat tape to provide a hot spot in that enclosure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 10-08-2020, 11:04 AM
    303_enfield
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Heat tape will do essentially nothing for ambient temps. I imagine the 28watt RHP would likely do the trick. Small enough to create a focused hot spot without being too powerful.
    Having said that, I have a divided T8 with a 40watt RHP one one side that is used solely to ensure the ambient temp is sufficient. I have heat tape to provide a hot spot in that enclosure.

Is the 40W in the middle of the T8. I’ve been toying with the idea of doing some divided T8/T10.

Thanks
  • 10-08-2020, 12:04 PM
    jmcrook
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 303_enfield View Post
    Is the 40W in the middle of the T8. I’ve been toying with the idea of doing some divided T8/T10.

Thanks

No. Off to one side of the divided enclosure. The divider sits very snug and tight against all four interior sides top, bottom, front, and back.