Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,035

1 members and 3,034 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,111
Threads: 248,550
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, GhostyBoy29
  • 05-12-2018, 01:07 PM
    LieutenantDan95
    How do I set up a tub for my BP?
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I am planning on buying my first BP from a breeder online and want to have my tub set up beforehand. I have heard that a tub is less hassle than a tank and it’s easier to moderate the temp. So, I have a few questions to ask...

1) What kind of tub and what size do I need? (I want to buy a baby snake so I’m assuming it’ll be anywhere from a hatchling to a few months old)

2) What is the best type of bedding? (Newspaper, aspen, etc)

3) How many hides do I need? I read two is best; one for the cold side and one for the warm side

4) What are all the different thermometers/heating stuff required?

Sorry this is a lot, I just want to have the best home for my snake. I have done my own research but I hear different things so wanted to hear from any experienced owners. Thanks a lot!
  • 05-12-2018, 01:15 PM
    hilabeans
    Tub setup for hatchling BPs here

I use a little bit bigger tub so I could provide two identical hides, one on the cool side and one on the warm side, but otherwise follow this to a T.
  • 05-12-2018, 02:52 PM
    venga
    Re: How do I set up a tub for my BP?
    Do yourself a favor and don't skimp on the thermostat. Invest in a Herpstat 1 or similar proportional t-stat now and save yourself hassle/money down the road. Most first time owners don't expect such a big expense along with everything else they're buying and avoid investing in a proper one... don't!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
  • 05-14-2019, 03:01 AM
    Pieter
    Tub size for breeding
    Hi everyone , i'm form South Africa and are struggling to get the right size tub . We use ADDIS product , basically in the same category as Sterilite in ths US . The biggest size i can get is 520mmnx360mmx150mm . Can this work ?

Thanks for any input . This is my first post , so help me if im doing it wrong .

Pieter
  • 05-15-2019, 12:52 PM
    Pieter
    Tub size Correct ?
    Hi everyone , i'm form South Africa and are struggling to get the right size tub . We use ADDIS product , basically in the same category as Sterilite in ths US . The biggest size i can get is 520mmnx360mmx150mm . Can this work ?

Thanks for any input . This is my first post , so help me if im doing it wrong .

Pieter