Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,207

1 members and 3,206 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Favorite Morphs with Pied

Printable View

• 10-04-2019, 09:32 AM
    TopazEye
    Favorite Morphs with Pied
    I was wondering what everyone's favirote 'kind' of pied is? I'm trying to decide between Albino Pied and Super Black Pastel Pied.
  • 10-04-2019, 10:34 AM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Do you want a pet or a future breeder? Do you have a $500 budget or a $5000 budget?

Pet wise they are both amazing now as far as future breeding I would not suggest trying for more Pandas, most people that I know and have work with Pandas have given up just too many deformed animals, over 50% of them will be severely deformed.

Now if your plan are to breed a better alternative would be Suma Pied similar to Panda and no genetic issue.

Black Pastel Pied are nice too you just don't want to go toward Supers.
  • 10-04-2019, 11:01 AM
    TopazEye
    Re: Favorite Morphs with Pied
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewart_Reptiles View Post
    Do you want a pet or a future breeder? Do you have a $500 budget or a $5000 budget?

Pet wise they are both amazing now as far as future breeding I would not suggest trying for more Pandas, most people that I know and have work with Pandas have given up just too many deformed animals, over 50% of them will be severely deformed.

Now if your plan are to breed a better alternative would be Suma Pied similar to Panda and no genetic issue.

Black Pastel Pied are nice too you just don't want to go toward Supers.

I am looking to breed. I love how they both look but I wasnt aware that Super Black Pastel had genetic issues, I would probably just go with Albino Pied than. I was thinking of starting off with an Albino Het Pied and a double het pied/albino.
  • 10-04-2019, 11:14 AM
    TopazEye
    I did some quick searchs and it seems Super Black Pastel is no better than Super Cinnamon. Somewhat disappointing but albino pieds are just as good looking. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I would hate to purposly breed something known to cause kinking/duckbilling (Just personal preference).
  • 10-04-2019, 07:54 PM
    Alexiel03
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TopazEye View Post
    I am looking to breed. I love how they both look but I wasnt aware that Super Black Pastel had genetic issues, I would probably just go with Albino Pied than. I was thinking of starting off with an Albino Het Pied and a double het pied/albino.

If I were you I would start with at least 1 visual recessive and a het, your odds would be better and it saves a step in reaching your goal.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk
  • 11-08-2019, 04:03 AM
    Sirus Uno
    Without all the extra... I'm going to answer your question.
    In my most humble and honest opinion... I'm not personally fond of albino. I've seen some nice looking albino combos and such but not a big fan. So between your choices... Super black pastel pied for the easy win.
    What I like to see in pieds... Orange dream. Yellowbelly. Banana. Maybe not all together, but yes.
    Starting to like Blackhead and how it brings more pattern in to piebalds.
    That's just me.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
  • 11-08-2019, 10:09 AM
    Emilio
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...372ceeada7.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...89bbf6919f.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0eac7357d9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...41d0434151.jpg

Go with what you love you can’t go wrong with any pied or pied combo you pick.. they are all beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 11-08-2019, 11:22 AM
    Danger noodles
    What about an ultramel pied combo? IMHO ultramels are one of the best looking adult snakes
  • 11-08-2019, 08:34 PM
    Godzilla78
    Fire pied.

Highway Pied

Kaos Balls
  • 11-26-2019, 11:47 PM
    Crowfingers
    black pastel pied